022

"Hey, princess?" Minho asked just after dinner the next day. "I saw that scar on your back."

"Oh." Was all I could get out. My cheeks already heated up.

"Mind telling me where it's from?"

I exhaled deeply. "A fight between Janson and I."

"Son of a bitch." Minho mumbled before going on to the next question. "Why were you fighting?"

I sighed again, shaking my head at the horrible memory. "Because of you," I mumbled under my breath.

"Me?" Minho's full attention was on now. He straightened his back and watched me attentively, patiently waiting for me to continue.

"They sent you in the maze... I got angry." Already upset, I bit my lip. "Like.. very angry."

His eyes widened a bit. "Just for me? And you remember me?"

"Yeah, for you." I looked down. "And yes, I remember you, if that wasn't clear yet."

Minho smiled for a split second. "You got so angry he stabbed you? Or whatever the hell it is from."

I moved my own hand over the white line on my back. "Yeah. I somehow stole a knife, but he managed to get it out of my hands since I was only thirteen years old or something. And then he just swung it around uncontrollably until he realized he had hit me."

"Shit," Minho muttered, his voice shaking a bit. Not from fear, but anger, though he did a pretty good job hiding it. "What did he do once he realized?"

"Yell for doctors and then just rush away." I shrugged. "They treated the wound easily."

He rubbed his forehead. "This does prove you're on the good side here."

"Hmm." I hummed. "This incident is nothing compared to what I did to you guys."

"But still," Minho commented. Then he paused for a few seconds. "I'm hungry, should we check out the others?"

"Sure." I laughed.

Later we arrived with the others. We sat on rocks and could watch the Safe Haven from a distance, which was quite awesome, until Thomas brought up something no one liked.

"Any of you seen Teresa?"

I remained silent, Newt's glance toward Thomas shot daggers, and Minho immediately threw words at him.

"I suppose she is in jail, or better, hell, right now." Minho snapped. "Though I think Lena has to be in jail too."

I furrowed my eyebrows deeply. "Why?"

"First you steal my heart, and then my clothes." He motioned at the shirt that I was wearing. I
laughed brightly.

"No but seriously, where is she?" Thomas added.

"Why would you care? She tried to kill both you and Lena." Newt spat out.

Thomas shook his head. "I know, but... she said she was forced, all right? She said WICKED would kill me if she and Aris didn't follow their orders. She told me she knew from the beginning I wouldn't die and that they just had to go along to save me."

"And you believe that?" Minho's breaths sped up. "Maybe it's true, I don't know. But what they did to Lena, for sure was something they didn't get commanded to do from WICKED."

"That's because I deserv-."
Minho cut me off by slamming his hand on my mouth roughly, and he didn't plan on letting go for a while.

"Don't trust them, Thomas. Because when she was hitting you with that spear, there was no guilt or sadness anywhere. Not in her expression, body language, or eyes." Minho stated. "But fine, if you want to visit her so badly, she's right up that mountain."

~

"What's that?" Frypan pointed at something in the sky. By now we sat around a fire with Jorge and Thomas was nowhere around.

"A berg." Jorge realized. I noticed them too. It was two of them, slowly flying toward us. "Watch o-."

Jorge couldn't even finish his sentence and a bomb exploded. I flew off my chair as the ground shook and a giant fire formed in the explosion.

"Shit!" Minho didn't hesitate to pull me up. Confused about what was happening, we twirled around. "Vince!" Minho took my arm. Together we ran over to Vince, since that seemed like one of the safest places.

The man had a big gun in front of him and was already firing together with Sonya and Harriet, which confused me even more. I thought they weren't a part of the Safe Haven and were just walking around like the Gladers and I did.

And when multiple guards dressed in certain uniforms dropped out of the Berg, I knew it was WICKED.

"Hey!" Vince screamed at Minho, handing him a large gun. "Do you know how to use this thing?"
Minho nodded and started using the gun on the guards.

The masked men were also shooting, but not normal bullets.. they were sort of small bombs and when they exploded, they electrocuted everyone around.

"My bow!" I yelled, frustrated I couldn't do anything. Just then Newt and Fry ran over to us.. with my bow and a lot of arrows.

Newt threw them toward me before taking his own gun. I smiled, happy to use my favorite thing once again. The broken hand didn't bother me in the slightest this time and I definitely hit a few guards good, until one of them shot his electric bomb at us.

It exploded, hitting us all with shocks. My mouth fell open in pure pain. It burned, yet made my body limp enough to fall on my knees just like everyone else.