(10) Mixed

USOPP'S POV

Robin dashed out of the classroom leaving us all speechless. However, we all went back to our seats and spent our last free moments just chatting. Our next class was DT so it wasn't entirely bad for me, but I knew how much Chopper hated this subject.

"Yo Usopp. How was your lunch?"                    -Franky

"It was good. Yours?"                 -Usopp

"Fine!"                        -Franky

"You look happy, Usopp. Something good happen?"                     -Chopper

"Yes, you look very happy. Did something happen Usopp-kun?"                               -Brook

"Huh? Oh, no. It's probably because it's DT next."                           -Usopp

"Don't remind me."                                 -Chopper

"YO HO HO HO HO. Chopper-kun, you mustn't destroy Usopp's excitement."                      -Brook

"I knowwwwwwwwwwwwww"                            -Chopper

"You'll be fine, Chopper, yo"                                 -Franky

I giggled as the three bickered about DT, but I knew why I must've been in a good mood. Why wouldn't I be. After all, I met Kaya at break.

PERONA'S POV

I can still remember that day as if it was yesterday....

The day everything changed...

It was rainy, pouring in fact. I was coming back from my spirit training late, when I found out my bus was cancelled. I walked and took a detour in order to avoid the construction happening near the roads. I passed the large children's playground as the sun began to set and the sky deepened in color.

I was shivering and sneezing, a part of me knew I would be sick the next day. That's when I heard loud snoring.

It scared the life out of me, nearly making me jump and scream. Luckily, I quickly realised that the snoring came from the direction of a large oak tree.

I hurried along, and just as I was about to leave, the snoring abruptly stopped. I slowly turned my head towards the direction of the tree, but from the position I was standing at I couldn't see anything. Or anyone...

I tried to ignore it, but a gnawing feeling creeped in me. I couldn't help myself, you see. I had to check what it was, and why it had stopped so suddenly...

I quietly sneaked up to the tree, realising it was a person sleeping. This was when I started to pray that it wasn't a physco killer or something like that.

To my surprise, it was a young boy, around the same age as me (14), with green hair. Checking his pulse, I sighed in relief as soon as I felt a soft but steady beat. I took off my long black coat and put it over the boy's body.