thirty eight

❤︎ chapter thirty eight
cornelia street

cami heard the keys jangle in the lock of the apartment and sucked in a sharp breath, trying desperately to finish making the salad. the door opened, and the sound of drew putting his bag down made her drop the salad tongs and rush into the other room.

he looked up from his phone, took one glance at her, and burst out laughing. slipping his phone into his back pocket, he came towards her.

"what's so funny?" cami asked, a confused smile on her face. she couldn't help but smile whenever drew laughed.

he bent his head, tilting her face up to his. "you're all flushed." he brushed stray hairs away from her face, taking a small step back to look at more of her. "and you're wearing an apron!"

she shook her head, feeling slightly silly. drew pressed a kiss to her forehead, noticing her change of emotion. "it's cute."

then he walked more into the kitchen, leaving cami to process what he had said for a moment. even though they had been dating for almost seven months, she still had to make sure that he was being serious. like, this whole thing wasn't some prank. she had truly won life with drew; he was someone she could never imagine giving up.

then she spun and noticed drew trying to sneak a bite of salad. he noticed her noticing, and dropped it into his mouth quickly with a smirk. "joseph starkey, you go sit down right now," she said teasingly, "and bring the napkins with you, please!"

she carried over the dishes of food, placing them around the flowers that drew had bought for her. he had got several bouquets; the ones on the table were a rose assortment, but her favourites were the sunflowers.

they ate and talked, mostly about how filming was for him. he had been scheduled from five am to eleven thirty, and was leaving again from two pm to seven. cami had made one of drew's favourite foods, which was just classic spaghetti and meatballs, but he loved it.

drew couldn't stop looking at cami. she was focused on her food, really, but his eyes were on her. she was wearing a cashmere red sweater from ralph lauren that drew had gotten her for christmas with a pair of straight legged jeans and the dainty necklace she hadn't taken off for months, now. it brought out the shine in her eyes, and the slight rosy blush of her cheeks. her hair was down and straight, with the ends curled under slightly.

"you look beautiful, cami. you always do."

she blushed immediately, looking up from her plate and meeting his eyes, "oh, you—"

he silenced her protests with a kiss, leaning across the table. "dinner at 7:30 works, right?"

she nodded, a smile on her face. "yup. yeah, that's perfect."

OUR TANGLED LIFE 👽
rapunzie (madelyn)
sir horse maximus (madison)
pascal the chameleon (cami)

rapunzie
GUYS😭😭😭
I NEED ADVICE
what do i get chase😭😭😭
do girls even get stuff for their bfs on valentine's day
i want to buy him so much stuff but i feel like he wouldn't like it
i just wanna make him happy

sir horse maximus
well i got mariah a chain

rapunzie
okay wait that's actually a good idea

pascal the chameleon
i got drew a ring
but he likes to wear those idk if chase does
i was stressing over this for like a month trust

rapunzie
ahhh okay😭
thanks guys
nothing like a last minute gift!

pascal the chameleon
preach

dinner had come and gone; cami had given drew the ring she had bought him—and she had double checked beforehand that it wouldn't be way too small like the last time. they were walking around charleston, hands intertwined, when drew slowed his pace slightly and turned to look at cami.

"what's that song of taylor swift's that you like? call it what you want?"

cami looked up at him, surprised that he remembered how much she liked that song. she saw him start to pull something out of his pocket and knew immediately what it was.

i want to wear his initial on a chain 'round my neck... not because he owns me, but because he really knows me.

drew opened the box, displaying a beautiful golden necklace with a tiny 'D' engraved in a dainty circle. "oh, drew, this is beautiful, i..."

she trailed off as he drew her closer, draping the necklace around her neck and clasping it together.

"thank you so much." she told him sincerely, staring up into his eyes with her own wide brown ones.

"i love you so much, cami," he told her, his voice thick with emotion.

"i love you too," were the only words she got out before he embraced her and pressed his lips to hers.

notes: AH