Chapter 5 - Why are you coming out of there? (2)

'As expected, eating meat is the best.'

My heart was filled with joy as I finally got to eat meat for the first time in a while.

The more I chewed, the more abundant the juice flowed into my mouth, the better the taste of meat prevaded.

Satisfied, I put down my fork and said, "I don't think we're going to have much of a big budget here."

I can't believe that Mineta decided to be a wasteral, spending fortunes just because he thought I would soon die.

Ruel drank a mouthful of carbonated water.

"It's on me. I'll take care of it."

"You've got more money than you seem."

"It's definitely more than you."

The corners of Cassion's mouth went up.

I scoffed, not wanting to be caught in his childish provocations.

"Really? Please use it more often from now on. There is nothing better than meat for recovery."

"It's nice to see you eat well, thanks to that power. It's worth making the dish."

Far from being disappointed, Cassion laughed like a dutiful butler.

Well, this is going to be fun.

Soon... it'll be time to treat myself like a dog.

"Here take this."

Cassion handed over Breath which was tied to a string.

Eyeing the rope on the Breath, Ruel noticed it looked somewhat unusual at the first glance.

"Thanks."

Ruel was happy, Cassion was good at what he was told to do, and it was very satisfying to see that he even went beyond the initial request to add something extra.

Thinking this, if Cassion had been lost to the main character, how painful would it have been? I wouldn't have such a considerate butler and would have to suffer even more than before.

As soon as I wore the braid chain around my neck, I immediately felt comfortable.

"Are you feeling any pain?"

"My head still hurts, but it's bearable. I'm feeling much better than I used to be."

Although I still had a sickly complexion, my physical condition was quickly being stabilized after gaining the power of recovery.

Still, it had not yet reached the level of an ordinary person.

Cassion said quietly while clearing the dishes.

"Then I'll be back in an hour."

"Yes."

Instead of leaving, Cassion stopped at the door.

I rubbed my stomach while looking at him.

"Sooner or later, I'll bring a proper medical doctor."

The door closed quietly.

'He's quick-witted.'

I held my arm tightly. My hands trembled.

I pretended to be okay, but my whole body was horribly painful as if it were being sliced by a knife.

An hour. That's what Cassion said.

If the condition didn't stabilize within that time, today's rehabilitation training was over.

I couldn't do that.

I need to survive the next five days, I can't chicken out now.

In order to cope with the assassination toward me and the situation of the main character, at least I needed to get stronger to the point where I could move without any help.