Chapter 39 - With the moonlight (2)

***

"Hey, I feel refreshed today, unlike yesterday."

Ruel put on a heat patch and walked around the room as if to impress Cassion.

"There's still a slight fever."

"My body temperature must naturally run high."

"Isn't it only natural for someone who didn't eat for two days and has a slight fever to not feel well?"

"You probably didn't eat enough."

"No, I ate lots!"

The impulsive Leo insisted.

Cassion smiled for a moment and pointed to the bed.

"Call Aris. I'm going to the Hand of the Wind Guild. It's been a while since I've had an appetite, so it'd be nice if there was a lot of meat. Oh, I'll also have ice cream for dessert."

Cassion thought for someone who has a fever to have ice cream...

"Ruel, even if you don't do anything, the rats won't run away."

"I haven't moved for two days."

Even if Leo ate a lot of the black thing, or the power of recovery did its thing, I had to suffer for two days with a fever.

Even though I was hungry then, I couldn't hold down anything, so I couldn't eat properly.

Ruel tried to be as patient as possible while caressing his rumbling stomach.

"Like you said, the rats won't run away until they think there's no more food to be had, but it is also true that we cannot afford to delay this any longer."

I inhaled Breath.

"So, I'm going to throw some bait."

I had intended to wait a little longer.

Ganien isn't here, and Aris isn't ready yet.

However, Leo's appearance made immediately implementing the plan feasible.

If I utilize both Leo and Aris, isn't it like having a not-totally-reliable Ganien?

Ruel walked to the table and shook the documents.

"The rats are so busy that they don't have enough hands to do their dirty work, so they're hiring adventurers, right? We cannot miss this opportunity."

"Just the two of us will go. Ruel-nim, please go to bed right away and calmly go to sleep."

"I want to, but I don't know why Setiria's Ears are in the hands of the rats. I need to go and check."

"Is it Minart? Jirie? Or is it Flenn?"

Cassion wore a displeased look because this information was something he didn't know.

"We're going to find out soon."

The answer was Jirie.

As our interactions with merchant Beto increased, so did the flow of information.

Specifically, he told us a rumor about Setiria's Ears being in prison in one of our transactions.

It was information worth checking.

"I wonder who it is?"

No matter how much Cassion poked and prodded, Ruel remained tightlipped on the answer.

Previously, I was in no shape to acquire Setiria's Ears, but now? A chance to finally catch the rats, and at the same time Setiria's Ears? You bet I'm going to make a move.