Chapter 37 - The Great Purifier and Ruel (4)

***

Slap.

When he felt something soft touching his face, Ruel opened his eyes in surprise.

-Wake up, Ruel! This one was reflecting while you were asleep.

"The monster... ?"

-Listen carefully to what this one has reflected on. First of all, I chased you just because there was delicious food. This is something that even children do not do. Also, breaking your arm by hitting it recklessly is something that even a child does not do. And then...

Grabbing Leo's chattering mouth, Ruel looked for Cassion.

"Are you up?"

Cassion, who had just entered the room, had a washbasin in his hand.

When I turned my head and looked at the window, the sun was rising.

"What about the monster?"

"The monster went away. Maybe Ganien is on his way back from cutting it down. He was excited and chased after the monster."

Cassion said disgustedly.

"Did you see that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Cassion."

"I saw it. If I pretend I don't know, can't you just let it slide?"

It wasn't something to let go of.

'The sensation and voice that came into my head that I felt were definitely real.'

'Did the original Ruel have the power to control monsters from an early age?'

'Previously, I was dumbfounded to hear that Drianna had saved them, but now I can see what happened.'

Old Ruel had used this power to rescue Drianna and them.

"Who else saw it?"

Ruel was not happy.

Beasts were monsters that were rejected in any country.

Being able to control them meant that he, too, might be marked as a dangerous being.

"Aris saw it."

"Who else?"

"Nobody, other than the fact that Drianna noticed."

"That's a relief."

"Relax, Ruel-nim is supposed to be recovering from a previous injury."

"Okay."

Ruel inhaled the Breath.

He came to know this power unintentionally, but he saw the monster he so desperately wanted to see.

"How was the training?"

"It didn't stop even after Ruel collapsed. From what I can tell, everyone cheered up and showed unexpected skills."

That's it.

It was a satisfactory result if he could do his part even if he collapsed.

"I'm going back today."

If the Head of a Household leaves the mansion for a long time, what's the point?

***

When Ruel returned to the mansion, he didn't waste any time.

He sent Cassion in advance to check the condition of the barracks in each village.

He stopped by the barracks in the village of Sisel, the closest to the Masu Forest, and praised them for their progress.