Ch.7

After the calm girl walked out gracefully, another came in a similarly elegant manner.

"General Hua's daughter, Hua Mingzhu, sixteen years old of age."

The lady was slim and had dark brown hair and light brown eyes.

"I wish blessing upon your majesties and your highness consort Xiao.", the lady smiled sweetly at the noble persons in front of her.

She is a good listener too, it seems.But her eyes don't seem to hold too much ambition.
Every woman of the harem has a common ambition, after all.Raising the clan's influence is every concubine of the harem's wish.

"General Hua was blessed with such a good daughter. Not only is she pretty like a flower but she is also sensible."

Empress Dowager was pleased with Lady Hua as she seemed to be the definition of a submissive concubine.
The emperor nodded, he also thought she was a good choice. She had a good background and seemed like she would live quietly as long as her clan receives favor.

"Hm, what does consort Xiao think about Lady Hua?"

The emperor smirked slightly at his male consort, who decided to play 'the virtuous consort' today.
Unknown to the emperor that his thoughts are far from the truth.

"Naturally, your majesties are right. Lady Huan is a suitable woman for his majesty."

Consort Xiao's cheeks started to hurt after so much smiling, but there was nothing he can do.

~~~~~~

"Put down the carriage."

Yaozu got down from the carriage at the gates of his palace and entered elegantly with Meihui behind him.

The Gugu called all the maids to listen to the announcement of the eternal harmony palace.

"Lady An, Lady Hua and Lady Wei have been assigned to the palace of eternal harmony. Prepare the slightly bigger chambers in the west courtyard for Lady An and Lady Huan, then prepare the medium chambers for Lady Wei."

All the maids bowed respectfully to the master of the palace.

"Preparations should start as they will enter the palace the day after tomorrow."

"Yes, your highness."
The female servants answered diligently and went to prepare the chambers.

Consort Xiao then, entered his chambers with Meihui.
Yazou tired sat down on his comfortable chair, with his head in his hand.

"Why did his majesty assign three concubines to our palace? Shouldn't the royal consort have more?."

Meihui was deeply displeased with the arrangement. But then again, what can she do?

"Perhaps, he wants to see how I would treat low concubines in my palace..."
Yaozu stopped for a moment as a maid entered the chamber with a tray of fresh tea.

Consort Xiao took the cup that was placed before him and started drinking the tea as the intruder left silently.

"By the way, what's your opinion on the servants?"

Meihui frowned slightly thinking of each servant of eternal harmony palace.
She didn't have the time to analyze all of them, but she managed to read some quite well.

"Well, even though Souxin and Yuan are kind of involved with the emperor and empress dowager, they seemed to hold some loyalty towards your highness."

Yaozu thinks the two are also quite trustworthy. Also,he needs to let other servants tend to him too to let them know his true nature. In case framing will happen.