Ch.11

"Physician Liu, how is Fùqīn's condition..?", a thin voice, filled with worry was heard in noble consort Yi's chambers.

"The torture wasn't severe but the Prime minister isn't young anymore..", The young physician frowned slightly before continuing his speech, "I will prescribe some ointment for the wounds and medicine for the prime minister's low qi."

"Thank you, Physician Liu.", the male consort spoke, his face still filled with worry for his father.

"..It's an honor to serve, your highness.", the physician was taken aback by the noble consort's behavior.
Noble consort Yi is rumored to be composed and very good with words.

Physician Liu has grasped a glimpse of the male consort and the rumour was indeed true. He thought the male consort was probably calculative, one without a conscience.

There were many consorts alike. However,after the physician saw the noble consort cry and worry like this, he now knew that the male consort was human.
One who tries to live a good life in a place filled with traps.

As soon as the young physician gave the prescription to Meihui, the gugu rushed to get the medicine, while Yaozu stood by his father's side.

"..Do you feel better now, that the wounds have been cleaned, Fùqīn?", the consort asked while grabbing his father's hand gently.

The minister just looked at his son intently, without even blinking. As a frown plastered across his face.

"..Zu'er, please forgive your useless Fùqīn..", the man spoke in a weak voice, filled with sadness.

"Fùqīn, what are you saying", Yaozu frowned, not understanding his father's sudden words.

"..I just let you enter the gates of hell."

"Fùqīn, It was me who wanted this. Please don't blame yourself.", the consort smiled weakly at his father, trying to reassure him.

"..Even so, I shouldn't have had you marry the emperor. You're suffering because I was too weak to refuse you, knowing well how the palace is..", the man lowered his eyes, ashamed of himself.

"Fùqīn...-"

Lord Xiao smiled weakly at his son, making up his mind to get his Zu'er out of this hellish place. He won't let his child suffer anymore.

"Your Highness, I brought the medicine!", the handmaid dressed in a blue uniform dress entered hurriedly.

"Meihui, give me the ointment.", Yaozu turned to his dowry maid and extended his hand towards her.

The handmaid did as she was told and handed the ointment to the male consort quickly.

"Meihui, help Fùqīn sit up, so I can apply the ointment.", The noble consort took the opened the container carefully as he spoke in a soft voice.

"Your Highness, let me do it.", Meihui tried to reach for the ointment in the consort's hands.

"There's no need. I will do it myself.", the handmaid then, did as told and helped lord Xiao sit up.

"Zu'er.You don't have to do this.", lord Xiao didn't want to let his child tend to him. How could he let his child dirty his hands for him?

"It's alright, fùqīn. Please let me tend to you."

Lord Xiao sighed, smiling gently at his son's stubbornness.

Meihui took off the bandages from lord Xiao's back before Yaozu applied ointment gently on the wounds.

"Please bear with the pain for a while, fùqīn..", the male consort said after seeing the distorted face of his father.

After the handmaid and consort were done wrapping the bandages around the prime minister's back someone suddenly burst into the chambers.