❝ From ❞

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Nestled in the rolling hills of Busan, the countryside village basks in a sun-drenched day. Quaint cottages with thatched roofs and climbing roses line the lanes. A babbling brook winds through, crossed by ancient stone bridges.

The village, frozen in time, bathes in the warmth and beauty of a sunny day, a tranquil haven where nature and community coexist harmoniously. A centuries-old oak tree shades the backyard of one of the houses. A quiet boy sat in its shadow while wildflowers perfumed the air.

Jungkook found solace in the backyard, surrounded by the gentle company of squirrels and the sweet melodies of birds. His innocence, like a fragile bloom in an unforgiving world, was his only companion in a life marred by hardship and sorrow.

On this particular day, the sun bathed the garden in warmth, and Jungkook's laughter danced in the air as he frolicked with his squirrel friends. The birds above sang in harmony as if trying to shield him from the harsh realities that lurked within the walls of his home.

However, the peace was short-lived. Jungkook's aunt's voice shattered the tranquility, a thunderous clash of harshness against the serene backdrop. "Jungkook!" she barked, her tone dripping with disdain. "Quit your foolish games and get inside. There are chores to be done, and we won't tolerate your laziness."

Jungkook flinched violently as the squirrel sitting near him ran away. "S-sorry" he stuttered, fingers fiddling with the hem of his shirt as he avoided the woman's gaze who seemed to be piercing him through his eyes.

"Stop wasting time and do the chores fast!" she yelled before going away.

Jungkook's heart sank as he reluctantly made his way towards the house, his small shoulders bearing the weight of his aunt's cruelty. He wondered why his life had to be filled with such harshness and why his aunt and uncle seemed determined to extinguish the innocence that still flickered within him.

Little did he know that his journey was only beginning, and his innocence would be his greatest weapon against the darkness that loomed in his destiny.

~*****~

Jungkook's mother died during childbirth, leaving him an orphan. He lived with his uncle and aunt, but their hearts were far from kind. They viewed him as a burden, a constant reminder of their own failures and disappointments.

Instead of nurturing the boy's tender spirit, they seemed determined to crush it beneath the weight of their bitterness.

He was never a kid, he never had a childhood. To his uncle and aunt, he was just an asset.

An asset who'd do all the household chores, stay quiet when they would hurt him physically and emotionally, and do everything what's told and never argue.