❝ On ❞

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

The first rays of morning sunlight streamed into the room, rousing Jungkook from his restless sleep on the floor. His back ached from the uncomfortable night, a stark reminder of his unfamiliar surroundings. Gently, he put the cushion aside and climbed to his feet, wincing as he stretched out his muscles.

After a refreshing bath, he dressed in his usual worn-out clothes, their faded colors a stark contrast to the opulence of the mansion. Casting a glance at the still-sleeping Taehyung, Jungkook quietly slipped out of the room.

With wide-eyed wonder, he ventured downstairs, his heart brimming with curiosity about his new home. However, his sense of awe was shattered when a voice, just as rude as his aunt's, called out to him. "Hey, you kid!"

Startled, Jungkook turned to see his mother-in-law. He bowed respectfully to her, but her dismissive gaze made him feel like nothing more than dirt beneath her feet. She wasted no time in her demands.

"You know how to cook, right?" she asked, her tone devoid of warmth.

"Yes, I can cook," Jungkook replied, eager to please, but a sinking feeling crept into his chest.

His mother-in-law instructed him to make breakfast for everyone, and he agreed without hesitation, hoping to make a good impression and find some hope of acceptance.

As he rummaged through the kitchen for ingredients, he felt a sense of purpose, a chance to prove his worth in this new household.

With care and love, Jungkook prepared the meal, his hands moving skillfully despite the worn-out appearance of his clothes. When he had everything ready, he served his father-in-law, and his mother-in-law called her sons to the table.

"Breakfast is ready. Come, eat," she shouted so that her sons could hear her.

As they gathered around the dining table, Jungkook hesitated, wondering whether he should sit. He decided that he should sit on one of the chairs since the rest of the family memebers are also coming here.

But as soon as his mother-in-law saw him sitting on the chair, she screeched, her voice harsh and full of disgust.

"Hey!! What are you doing?" she scolded making the eighteen-year-old stand up instantly in fear.

"I-" he fiddled his fingers as he looked down in embarrassment.

"You eat separately when others are done eating," she declared.

His mother-in-law's scolding voice left no room for doubt as she directed him to eat separately, and a sense of isolation washed over him.

Jungkook, feeling like he had committed some grave offense, quickly vacated his seat, his head bowed in shame. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." he mumbled, his voice barely a whisper, but the weight of her disapproval hung heavily in the room.