•Unveiling the past, Love

Past

Past

Sarfaraz:

I pulled in two deep breaths before locking the car and walking up the steps of the posh restaurant.

" Hi!"

Gulnar waved at me from a far and I averted my eyes as I looked around the dining hall. Seeing men and women enjoy their lunches engrossed in heavy talking with the aroma of enticing food wafting around the spacious hall.

" how are you?"

She asked as soon as I scraped the chair and sat down. I nodded my head and she grinned as she flicked the menu open and ran her sparkling eyes over it.

" I am famished. What should we order?"

I sighed whilst folding my arms across my chest.

" Gulnar, there's something I wish to discuss."

" Yeah we'll do that but first let me order at least."

She chuckled nonchalantly. And I clenched my jaw but waved my hand to let her proceed. I sat and watched as she ordered food and then dug into it when it arrived. She really looked famished.

" mhmm. Why are you looking at me like that?"

She asked with a small shy smile as she wiped her mouth with the napkin and I shook my head before averting my eyes.

" Nothing just finish up quick ok."

I unlocked my phone and scrolled through as the woman cleaned her plates and wiped her hands before gulping her juice and leaning back in the chair to give me her full attention.

" Yes, what you do want to discuss?"

I put my phone away and leaned back.

I could do this.

I had control over this.

I could do this.

The voices in my head kept echoing like a mantra and I clenched my jaw.

" Gulnar you said you never wanted to see me again. And you went away. Then you got married-"

" I was forced into the marriage."

The woman cut off quickly with fierce eyes that glared at me.

" Gulnar."

I sighed.

" You're married, I am married and now here you are! Ready to leave everything behind and start a life with me? Why did you after so many months think that I'll be the one to protect you and keep you happy? Why after all this time when you didn't believe me when I was ready to leave everything behind?"

Gulnar looked baffled at the outbreak of my questions and she pulled herself together.

" um.. Sarfaraz.."