25|| A Silent Scream

Hello ^-^! 

How are you all? 

I hope you all are okay! I was a little busy today lol, so sorry for the late update! 

Warning! 

This chapter contains psychological and physical child abuse! If you are not comfortable with it, please don't read the chapter. I won't tolerate any hate comments! 

Anyway, enjoy ^-^!  

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Parents were supposed to be the protectors of their children, but Dazai's parents were just sadistic assholes.

On the outside, Dazai always seemed lively and happy, but he was living under the constant fear of his parents. They were abusive and would often take out their anger on Dazai, treating him as if he was the responsible for all their troubles and failures in life.

They had created an environment of fear and intimidation within their household. Dazai had to stay silent and follow orders from his parents or else he would be under the risk of a potential punishment. Every night Dazai would silently cry in his bed feeling trapped and helpless.

There was no one Dazai could turn to for help as his parents made it clear they would not tolerate anyone interfering in their family affairs. This was Dazai's life and there seemed to be no end in sight to his suffering.

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

"Dazai." Dazai turned his head when he heard the harsh voice and saw his mother at his door. She was looking very angry.

Dazai swallowed hard. He knew his mother only comes to his room when he did something 'terribly wrong.' "What's wrong mom?"

"You know what you did better than me." She said coldly.

"No, I don't." Dazai said hesitantly.

As soon as he spoke Dazai felt a stinging pain on his right cheek. Dazai stumbled backwards, a cold dread quickly beginning to build within him. When he heard the faint laugh coming from above him, he felt his heart stop in his chest. He looked up to his mother with his tears-filled eyes. She was standing there with a frown and a harsh glint in her eyes. "It seems like you need a reminder of what happens if you lie." She said with a low and intimidating voice.

Dazai's heart sank in his chest as he trembled with fear. He knew he was in trouble this time around and that he wouldn't be able to talk his way out of it. "Mom... I'm not lying I swear..." He choked out as the tears started to fall again. He shook as he waited for her response.

His mother just looked at her with pure hatred and left the room.

Dazai was so shocked and hurt by his mother's reaction. He felt a heavy weight in his chest and tears started to sting his eyes. He tried his best to hold them in, but they escaped his control and a few tears rolled down his cheeks. Taking a deep breath, he tried to keep it together and decided that he would attempt to address his mother's reaction later, when he felt more composed and less emotional...

Even though he was used to not being loved by his parents, it didn't mean it hurt less...

Even though he had gotten used to his parents' lack of love for him, it still hurt deeply. He held out hope that his parents would finally show him the love and attention he deserved, but no matter what he did, he was never able to receive it. He had learned to live with it, but that didn't make it any easier to accept.