Chapter Twelve - Outside

Hello again! I'm very excited for the fluff in this chapter so please lmk what you think! Also, sorry there's a lot of time skips I just got a bit lazy and figured some of that info wasn't necessary. Hope everyone is doing good!!

3 weeks later...

Luca POV

"Luca? How was your day buddy?" Gio asks me from across the dinner table. It's been almost four weeks since I started living with my brothers. My ribs and head finally healed, and although there are a lot of scars, I look much better.

I'm still pretty quiet, I don't love talking but I have a lot of energy. I finally was able to watch all the Star Wars movies, and it's my favorite thing ever. I've watched all of the movies a bunch of times and the Clone Wars show too is super duper cool.

I even got a Chewbacca stuffed animal from Mar as a present from getting my chest brace off! He's so cute and fluffy and—"Luca? I asked you a question, bean." My head snaps up and my cheeks redden in embarrassment as all my brothers stare at me curiously.

I look down at my lap, mumbling a "sorry".

"It's okay, Luc. How was your day?" My face brightens, remembering what I did today. "Ohmygosh it was so fun I got to build another lego and it was a AT-AT walker and it took me like forever but it turned out super cool I really wanna show it to you after dinner and then I watched another episode of Clone Wars and Obi-Wan is so cool and then I played outside—"

Gio interrupts me, chuckling. "Slow your roll, bambino. That sounds like a very fun day. I'll definitely want to see your Lego after dinner. Good job eating your dinner buddy!" I glance down, surprised to see that almost all my food is gone! I beam up at him.

"Angel, will you please come to my office after dinner? There's something I wanna talk to you about." Massy interrupts my happy moment, and my smile immediately drops. Am I in trouble? Did I make a mistake? Despite living with them for almost a month, I still worry that one day they're going to get sick of me.

Seeing my worried expression, Massy immediately reassures me. "You're not in trouble, Luc. I just wanna talk." His lips tilt up at the corners, the best 'smile' I'm gonna get out of him right now. "Okay." I whisper.

I continue to eat the rest of my food, humming and tapping my feet on the floor. "Hey Lukey? Will you stop tapping your feet please, bubs?" I again am startled out of my thoughts by Sio's (Alessio) soft voice. I nod my head and continue eating.

"Luca? We need you to try and sit still, angel. I know it's hard." I glance up, realizing I'm rocking back and forth gently. "How about we run around outside a bit after we talk?" Massy asks and I nod my head excitedly. It still stays light fairly late, so we can still be outside.

~ ~ ~

After dinner, I met Massy in his office. He sat down and I did too, now familiar with this situation. "So Luca, I have two things I want to discuss with you." I shifted in my seat anxiously, unknowingly tapping my fingers together gently.

"Firstly, I would like to talk about school. Have you ever been to school before?" I shook my head. "Have you ever learned any kind of school material?" I nodded my head. "Sometimes Sir would give me books to read and then he'd test me on them." I left out the part about how badly I was punished if I got something wrong.

"Perfect. Well, now that you're feeling better, how would you feel about school?" I shrugged my shoulders, swinging my legs gently back and forth. "Well, would you rather go to school or be homeschooled? If you went to school, Aless and Lonzo would be there too, as it's a K-12 private school."