Chapter Fifteen - Sleep

Hey guys sorry it's been a few days! I was away with family for a few days and so I couldn't write but here I am :) Hope everyone here is doing okay today❤️ Let me know what you think of this chapter!!

Rosie :)

Recap: Luca met Finn & fam

Luca POV

It had been a few days since I met Finn, and the first day of school was rapidly approaching. In fact, it was actually tomorrow. I paced my room anxiously, picking at my fingers while flicking through all the possible scenarios of what could go wrong.

What if the kids make fun of me? What if I get lost? What if I can't find Finn? That's right—my brothers had told me Finn went to the same school and was also going into third grade. Anyway, back to my overthinking. What if I can't focus and the teacher gets mad? What if I—"Luca?" I heard Mar's voice gently call outside my door.

"Come in." I mumbled, and the door opened slowly but silently. Curse these new doors. I was hoping for a very dramatic creak. Mar's face appeared in the doorway, a concerned look passing quickly across his face.

"Dinner's ready, cucciolo. Are you ready?" (cub). I nodded, even though my stomach churned at the thought of eating in my anxious state. We walked down to the dining room together, and I continued picking at my fingers as we walked.

We arrived in the dining room and had a very good Italian gnocchi dish made by Francesca, but I couldn't eat very much. I was just so nervous. After finally getting my brothers to agree with letting me go, I rushed off to my room to continue my worrying.

**Sorry I'm not gonna do a whole dinner scene again cause I feel like I've done that before**

I tried to distract myself, I really did. I read a whole A-Z Mysteries (GUYS THIS WAS MY FAVORITE WHEN I WAS LITTLE) book and then I played with my Star Wars characters for a bit, but sure enough I was back to pacing after a little while.

I was once again interrupted by a soft knock at the door, but it opened just after the knock. Gio stepped into my room with his hands behind his back and a sympathetic look on his face as he entered my room.

"Hey, bambino. Wanna sit down and talk?" I nodded my head, noting that that wasn't really a question. I sat down gently on my bed and he did as well, still keeping his hands behind his back. I subtly tried to peer around the edge of his hulking frame, but he just chuckled and angled his body away from me.

"You'll see in a second, buddy. I just wanted to chat first. How are you feeling?" I thought for a moment. Not good. I shrugged and he sighed. "It's okay to tell me what's going on, bambino. Sometimes it feels good to talk about your feelings." I looked down for a second.

"What if they don't like me?" I whispered, barely audibly. I heard Gio's sharp intake of air. "Oh, sweet boy. No one could ever not like you. You're the sweetest boy I've ever known. Plus, Finn will be there. And I bet you'll meet tons more fun people." I mumbled absentmindedly as I picked at my fingers. Blood slowly seeped out of the nail beds.

"Bubs, we also got something for you. I mean, your brothers and I did. You like to pick and fidget a lot, so we figured some of these things would be helpful." At the mention of new things, my head shot up. Gio pulled his hands out from behind his back, filled with a variety of colorful toys.

I looked up at Gio hesitantly, and he nodded encouragingly at me. I cautiously selected a few of them. There was a green and white cube with various buttons and switches on it, an orange and purple twisty thing, and a red and blue bendy stick (**technically called a wacky track**).