Chapter Fourteen - ASL

Hey guys sorry if this chapter is slightly anticlimactic I really just wanted to get another one out tonight so it's not super good sorry :| But hope you're all doing good!

Recap: The Alton boys just arrived

Luca POV

I stood behind Mar's legs, gripping his jeans tightly as Sio opened the door and did a weird handshake-hug thingy with two of the boys on the porch. They look like each other, just like Zo-zo and Sio.

Zo-zo did the same thing Sio did with his hands before the two boys stepped into the house. They're both tall, almost the same height as the twins. Behind them, a reallllllyyyy tall guy stepped through the door and hugged Gio. He has floppy dark hair and dark brown eyes that glinted mischievously as he rubbed his knuckles on the twins' heads. Ouch.

That's when I noticed the fourth person. Following the really big guy, holding his hand and smiling, was a boy. He was a bit taller than me but looked to be about the same age. There were two white circles on the sides of his head, just above his ears, and I remembered Gio telling me that the boy couldn't hear without them.

I stayed behind Mar, still gripping his pants as Massy closed the door behind them. They all greeted each other cheerfully, and I watched as the youngest boy looked around the entrance curiously. Suddenly Mar's hand was on my back, slowly pushing me out from behind him.

He bent down and whispered gently in my ear. "Just say hi, bubs. You can do it." I stared at all of the faces around me, the new ones look intrigued. "Hi. I'm Luca." I whispered, waving my hand gently. The boys all smiled big, and the little boy stepped up and waved too.

"Hi! My name is Finn. I'm deaf!" My brothers all chuckled gently, and the oldest boy bent down in front of Finn. "Remember Finny, we talked about not starting off stuff like that? I'm so proud of you for being so confident, but that's not typically a part of an introduction." Finn frowned and glanced down at the floor.

Before I could think, I spoke, "It's okay! I have ABCD!" I blurt out, and my brothers all chuckled again. Mar squeezed my shoulder. "Remember, it's ADHD buddy. Not ABCD."

"Oh yeah!" I grinned. "I have ADHD!" Finn smiled at me and the other boys chuckled. "That's so cool! What does that mean?" Finn asked. I thought for a moment, before shuffling over to Massy's tall frame. I tugged on his suit sleeve, and he bent down so I could whisper in his ear, "I can't remember."

He smiled softly down at me before ruffling my hair and standing back up. "Finn, it just means he's got a bit more energy than everyone else, and he has a bit harder time paying attention to when people are talking." Finn nodded.

"Anyway," The tallest boy spoke. "I feel like the rest of us should introduce ourselves. My name is Kaz, and I'm a good friend of your brother Gio." He smiled playfully down at me, and I waved.

"My name's Miller, and this is my twin Lincoln." One of the boys, the one with the darker eyes, spoke up. Lincoln, the twin, gave me a wave.

"Luca, do you want to show Finn your room?" Gio asked and I nodded sharply, hoping to play with Finn. He seemed nice. "Alrighty then. Go have fun, boys." I turned to Finn and pointed up the staircase. He seemed to get the memo and soon enough we were both up the stairs and down the hall.

~ ~ ~

"Your room is so cool!" Finn exclaimed as I opened the door. "This is awesome!"

"Thanks!" I replied. "Space is my favoritest thing in the whole world. What's yours?" Finn thought for a moment before replying. "Probably superheroes. Do you know who Iron Man is?" I nodded my head. My brothers and I had watched a movie called the Avengers a couple nights ago. It was pretty cool, but Star Wars was better.