Chapter 8: Sick Day

3rd person POV

You woke up, sitting up in bed. You tried tto take a deep breath in and ended up coughing. Your nose was stuffy and you had a stomach ache. You felt absolutely terrible. You headed to the bathroom. 

You looked in the mirror and your hair was a mess, your eyes were puffy, and you just looked so tried. You went over to the kitchen to get some water. When you entered you saw Mikey. He turned around to see you in your sleepy-state. 

"Good morning, sunshine!" He said with a light blush on cheeks. How is it possible that they can take my breath away right after they just woke up? He thought. You showed a weak smile and said good morning back. You were happy to see him and all, but you just felt terribly sick.

"Is everything ok?" He asked noticing you were slouching a little and hugging your stomach. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little upset stomach, that's all." You said quietly. He gently put the back of his hand on your forehead. 

"Oh baby, your burning up!" He said shouting a little. "You need to go back to bed." 

"Micheal, I can promise I'm fine." You said tiredly. "I just got out of bed, that's why I'm so warm. I swear I'm fine." 

"Come on, please go to bed. You probably got sick from last night." Mikey and you both blushed at the thought of last night. You don't know what came over you when you kissed him, but your glad you did. 

"Is there anything else that hurts?" Mikey said rushing you to bed.

"I have a soar throat and a stuffy nose, but that's it." You said sitting down on the mattress you slept on.

"Ok I'll get you some tissues and make you some food to help your stomach and- Woah woah woah there's no way your sleeping on that mattress on the ground! You should go sleep in my hammock, it'll be much comfortable." 

You blushed at the thought of sleeping in Mikey's hammock, but then again you were really tired and it looked so cozy. "Ok" you said getting up to go into the hammock. When you got to the hammock you realized you have never really gotten in one before and you were so sick and tried.

You attempted to get in, but fell over. Thankfully Mikey caught you. How is it that everytime I fall he always catches me? You thought. "Here let me help you." He said lifting you up and placing you in the hammock as both of you blushed.

"I'll be right back, sunshine." He said as he left.

A couple of minutes later Mikey comes back and he had a pile of stuff in his hands.

"Ok I got tissues, a bowl in case you need to throw up, ginger ale, pillows, and a bunch of fuzzy blanket!" He said happily. You sat there and smiled at him. You were so happy you had someone to take care of you!

"Thank you, Mikey!" You said as he put some stuff down and gave you the pillows and blankets. 

"Your welcome, angel! I'm going to go make you some soup ok." 

"Alright thank you."

"Why don't you take a nap while I make it, alright." 

"Ok" you said as you nuzzled into the blanket. And then Mikey left.

You slowly drifted off to sleep. All comfy and warm in Mikey's hammock.

-------------------------------------------------------------

You felt someone nudge your shoulder and you opened your eyes, but not all the way. You looked to see Mikey right in front of you which started you a little and you jumped.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to startle you, cuddle bug." 

"It's ok Mikey what's up?"

"I did want to wake you up from your nap, but it was a while and you still didn't wake up and your soup was getting cold." He said has he handed you the bowl of soup. When you took it, the bowl was a little warm.

You placed it into your lap, which was covered by a blanket. Then you looked at the soup in your hands. It was the same one he made you when you first came to live with them. Looking back you giggled at the memories you made that day and the night before.

"What's so funny?" Mikey asked confused. 

"Oh it's just remember how when we first met you knocked me out." You said trying to hold back your laughter. 

"Oh yeah, looking back that was pretty funny. Sorry about that though." He said with a smile, chuckling a little bit.

"I would have it any other way." You said as you kissed the top of his forehead, both of you blushing a little after and smiling like dorks. You drank the soup, which was absolutely delicious and then thanked and complemented his cooking skills.

"Are you going to go back to sleep now? Cause I can leave if you want me too." He asked.

"I am sleepy, but could you stay." You said a little embarrassed with blush on your face.

"Yeah sure, you want me to just sit here?"

"No, could we cuddle please. Or at least till I fall asleep, if it isn't a bother. I don't know if you have something to do or any thing." You said. Mikey could tell you were a little embarrassed. He kinda thought it was cute though. I mean how could he refuse. You were just so cute.

"Of course, Starlight!" He said lifting you up a little bit and laying down with you on top of his plastron. You were hugging him, wrapping your hands around his shell. There wasn't enough room for the both of you to lay down shoulder to shoulder, so you had to rest on top of him. 

"You know this is the first time we have cuddled and we were both you know conscious." You said. "Yeah I guess so." Mikey said kissing your forehead. 

"Your not worried you'll get sick too?" You asked confused. 

"Of course not, Starlight. I would rather be with you and get sick than for you to be all alone and me being healthy." He said smiling. "Plus then you would have to take care of me." He said giggling. You started giggling to. 

After a little bit your eye lids started to get heavier and heavier, until you fell asleep, and Mikey noticed this. But he sat there. And he was going to continue to sit there until you woke up, being by your side in case you needed anything.

-------------------------------------------------

1083 words 

I'm surprised I had time to write on the weekends, I normally don't, so ye!

Also please read the A/N and poll it's important and really quick.

I CAN TELL IF YOU DON'T. 

Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

Thank you for reading and have an amazing day! 🧡