Chapter 19: Nightmares

3rd person POV 

You immediately shot up in Mikey's bed. You and been started awake by a yet another dream about the Foot Clan. God you agree when this happened. Normally you'd just get up and go get some water in the middle of the night, but this was different. The dream as different.

In this dream or dare I say nightmare, Mikey never accepted you even though you worked for the Foot. He only thought of you as a villain who needed to be stopped. On fact all of them did. And the worst part was you still loved Mikey.

You loved him so much, but he didn't love you. You wanted to spend the rest of your life with him. He wanted to get rid of you as soon as possible. It killed you just thinking of him hating you for a stupid mistake you made a long time ago.

Tears started to fill your eyes. The thought of all of that happening  was something you couldn't bare. You looked down at your hands and they were shaking uncontrollably. You were so caught up in all of your feelings, that you didn't notice you had woke up your boyfriend.

"Hey honeybee why are you up?" Mikey said, as you gasped, since he surprised you. You turned around to see Mikey lying next to you, rubbing his eyes and yawning. Just looking at his made you completely break down. He opened his eyes to see you tears rolling down your cheeks and your sad expression.

"Wow, honeybee did I really scare you that much? I'm so sorry!" He said, as he got up and wrapped his arms around you. He rest his chin on your head and then he rubbed your back with one of his hands. You shook your head and he looked down at you.

"I'm n-not crying be-because you sc-scared me. I'm c-crying be-because of s-something else." You said, sniffling and choking on your words. It was enough for Mikey to know it was bad.

"Honeybee can tell what wrong? Why were you awake?" He said in a calm voice, trying to help you relax. You continued to sniffle and cry. You tried to calm down, but you couldn't stop thinking about the terrible dream you had. 

"You don't have to tell me, but it will make you feel way better if you get it off your chest, honeybee. I won't judge you. You know I could never." He said looking at you tear stained face. It not going to get any better if you don't tell him.

"I-I know i-its stupid b-but I had a n-nightmare." You said, stuttering very noticeably. He rubbed the tears off you face and looked at you with a warm smile.

"Honeybee, it's okay to have nightmares. Everyone has them. What was it about?" He said. You calmed down a little, but not completely. 

"It's was about the Foot Clan. I dreamt that you never loved me and excepted me. And I still loved you, but you didn't. You just thought I was just another villain. I-I sorry." You said breaking down once again.

"Please don't apologize. It's okay, honeybee. It's all over. I still and always will love you. The fort can't hurt you." He said.

"Then why does it hurt so much!" You aid breaking down completely, hugging him and crying into his chest. 

"I just wish this never happened! I wish I never joined the stupid Foot Clan! I hated it there! I never even wanted to go! I just hated living on the streets, just barely making by!" You yelled. The you realized you said that last part out loud. Mikey gave you a confused look.

"What do you mean, you lived on the streets?" He said, gently pulling you back and looking at you. 

"I-I ummm I im sorry." You said looking down.

"Sorry for what?" He said.

"I-I I'm such a liar!" You said putting your hands over your face. "I've lived on the streets almost my whole life. I only joined the Foot Clan for money, so I could live. That night I left and said I went to a music shop, I didn't. I went to the alley I used to live in." He stared in shock. 

"I just- I'm sorry for lying." You said, covering your face. The Mikey hugged you.

"I love you much. Why didn't you just tell me?" He said.

"I thought you would see me differently. You'd think I was weak or pathetic." You said.

"How could I ever think of you like that?" You hugged him tightly. You continued to cry. Not you of sadness, but pure joy. 

"So you really don't care of see me differently?" You said looking up at him.

"Mhm." You hugged him once more until you your tears stopped. 

"You wanna go back to bed honey bee?" He asked letting go a little.

"Actually I think I'm going to go get some fresh air, if that's okay. I'll be back in like 30 minutes tops." You said.

"Sure thing!" He said letting go completely. "Just make sure once you come back, you snuggle with me." He said as you got up. Then you giggled at his comment.

"Okay, see you soon." You said planting a kiss on his lips. You moved the curtain to leave and headed to the bathroom. You changed into shorts and a hoodie and fixed your hair a little bit. Then you headed out for your walk.

You climbed up the latter and lifted the manhole covering the sewers. You peeked out to make sure nobody was there. You didn't see anyone so you climbed out and put the covering back. You walked into the alley way with your hands in your pockets.

The wind blew a nice breeze through your hair. It was a little cold, but you didn't mind. You started to hum a tune as you walked. Then you heard some clattering. It sounded like something hit a trash can. Maybe it was a sliver fish. 

You continued to walk and you heard the noise again. You turned around to see what was making the noise, but there was nothing there. Just then a pain in your arm. You looked down to see a dart in you shoulder. 

You started to feel sleep and unconsciously fell to the floor.

----------------------------------------

1042 words 

Who doesn't love a cliff hanger!

Thanks for reading!

Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

Have a great day! Ye! 🧡