Chapter 2 - Regression (2)

I accepted I went back in time eight years ago.

It took me being dragged into classes for days on end to grasp reality.

I flipped through countless news articles and checked the dates. I even looked at the content of the classes, but it was the same as what I had learned 8 years ago.

Of course, it also took me two days to accept this shocking fact.

I stared at the mirrors placed all over the practice room. My face is the same as I remembered it was eight years ago.

The fog in my head disappeared little by little, and the realization came to me.

This is your chance.

"It's a once-in-a-lifetime."

Indeed, it was a risky challenge to practice without promises. I gave up because I was holding on to a strand.

But.

I'm back. I'm not gonna back down yet.

As time passed, my feelings faded. To now relive the past I've tried so hard to ignore...

For the past eight years, my silent heart has been beating like crazy at the word 'dream'...

I felt like a life without a stage meant death. If this is a dream or not, it still gave me another chance at dreaming.

I don't think I can give up twice.

I didn't know about it eight years ago because I was too busy struggling with practice, but now I know how precious this opportunity is.

"I will do well."

It is a field that is as fierce as I remembered, but I must survive and debut here.

At least this time, I won't helplessly give up.

I won't miss an opportunity like this.

I silently clenched my fists.

Slam-

The door to the empty practice room opened, revealing unwelcoming faces in my field of vision.

They were tall kids with languid faces who looked like high school students.

"Did you see the monthly evaluation?"

"I heard a lot of grades moved up. Especially you."

"Really? Hey, let's go see it soon."

Oh.

Kevin, who will debut in Stardust later, appeared smirking, pulling back his dyed yellow hair.

He has a rather soft face like a nerdy kid, but don't be fooled by that impression.

It wasn't enough that he ruined his body with drugs. He ruined his career right in the 2nd year of Stardust's debut.

He was caught taking drugs secretly with seniors who debuted from my trainee days.

A loud voice erupted behind me.

"Fuck, I've been feeling like shit since this morning."

"Why? What is it?"

"Choi Myung-hwan, that bastard wants it. Yesterday, I didn't practice until dawn. Like, when am I even supposed to have time to do that?! That bastard been obsessed with me."