Chapter 2: Some Things Never Change

——————————☃️——————————

Several years later, Elias stood on a balcony that faces the Arendelle waters, thinking of that memory with his mother.

It was now Autumn in Arendelle, and Elias was wearing a purple suit, without a cape this time, and seemed to be very deep in thought. He had a small object in his hands, and was staring at it intensely. It was a small box that was open, and held a beautiful engagement ring inside that looked like a snowflake.

(Y/n) came out into the balcony next to him, and noticed how hard he was thinking.

"Elias?"

Elias was so startled by her appearance, he accidentally froze his hands to the balcony rails.

"Snowflake! I uh...didn't hear you come out." He chuckled awkwardly, pulling his hands from the ice, and quickly hiding them behind his back.

(Y/n) giggled. "Clearly. What has you so deep in thought?"

Elias cleared his throat. "Nothing, nothing. Just...King stuff."

(Y/n) nodded, not completely believing him. "Uh-huh. Well, speaking of 'King Stuff,' they're ready for you inside. I'll meet you in there."

(Y/n) started to leave, and Elias glances between her and the ring, feeling slightly impulsive.

"Um...actually, I—!"

"Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah!" 

Elias stopped mid-sentence and turned back to the railing, narrowing his eyes in confusion.

"What is it?" (Y/n) asked.

"Did you hear that?"

(Y/n) fell quiet for a second, and strained her ears to try and hear anything out of the ordinary.

"Uh, no. Hear what?"

Elias shook his head, dismissing it as a misunderstanding. "Never mind. Listen, uh...would...would you like to...go spend the day with Anna and Olaf?"

(Y/n) furrowed her brows in confusion. "What?"

"I mean...it's a beautiful day, and I hate for you to be cooped up inside. I'll meet you out there when I'm done in here." He promised.

"Oh. Okay. Are you sure?" She double-checked.

Elias kissed her lips. "Positive. Go have fun."

(Y/n) smiled. "Thanks sweetie. I'll see you later."

...

Somewhere in the town, Anna was walking along a dirt path, admiring the sights of autumn.

She chuckled when she looked to the side and noticed Olaf laying on a blanket in a pumpkin patch.

"Hello Olaf. Enjoying your new permafrost?" She asked, kneeling next to him on the blanket.

"I'm just living the dream, Anna. Oh, how I wish this could last forever." He sighed happily. A small red leaf fluttered down towards Olaf and he snatched it in his fingers and sat up. "And yet, change mocks us with her beauty."