Chapter 4

Mina's POV

I look at him but he turns away.

"You were forced to become a monster..." I whisper.

He looks over at me with shock crossing his face.

"I was taken away when I was just a boy to my father's enemy. They taught me how to kill and survive. It's all I'd ever known. When I was finally free, I swore to myself that they would pay."

I listen to him. His childhood was ripped from him.

I sit up and comfort him.

"I don't blame you for what you did. You couldn't help that you were taken away and trained for war." I say and plant a kiss on his cheek.

"You don't know me Mina. You don't know the horrible things I've done to people like you. After I was cursed I came to see my wife for one last time. I couldn't stop. I killed h-" he stops himself and looks out the window in silence.

A single tear runs down his face and lands on me.

"You didn't mean to. You wouldn't hurt me would you?" I ask him.

He looks back at me. "I already have. Twice." He points to the bandage on my neck. "I tried to fight it. The hunger, Mina. I didn't mean to hurt you. I don't blame you if you hate me." He stares at me.

"I don't hate you Vladimir, I trust you. You couldn't control yourself. You did what you had to do."

His eyes widen. "You barely know me. I kidnapped you from your family and yet you trust me? Why are you so kind-hearted, Mina?"

"I can tell that you're kind and loving on the inside. I'll marry you, Vladimir Tepes."