Chapter 7

I lay still and feel a burning sensation being pumped into my veins. My body felt as if it were on fire, melting from the inside out.

I scream as the pain gets worse. It reaches my heart and I feel my body stiffen.

Thump. Thump.
Thump. My heartbeat slows down. I feel my body losing to the fight as the venom pumps through my body. I take one last breath and everything blackens into nothing.

Am I in heaven? I thought. I look around to see everything come back into view.

Vladimir was leaning over me. I felt water on my chest from where he wept.

I try to mumble something but I only grunt. My throat is so dry....

I point at my throat. I sit up and wrap my arms around him. He kisses me, his lips oh so soft.

"You're thirsty. Mina you need to calm down. You're not used to your new body. Tyrone fetch me a glass of blood."

Tyrone quickly comes back holding a glass with a deep red liquid in it. Blood.

I snatch it out of his hands and drink it. No longer did it hold a metallic taste. It tasted sweet. I gulped it down and looked back at Vladimir.

I begin to weep. I had held my tears back for so long that I forgot what it felt like to cry.

He picks me up in his strong arms.
"Don't cry, my love. I know you're not use to this but we get through this together..."

He carries me to a small room without any windows. 

"I need you to stay in here while you're going through the change. I love you," he says as he lays me on the bed. 

He turns around to look at me before he leaves the room, shutting the door behind him.