Chapter 5

"You should fear me."

"But I don't." I whisper.

He laughs, "You are different Mina. I like that about you. You'll make a beautiful Queen of Transylvania... There are some people who wish to meet you, Mina."

He unlocks my chain on my ankle.

"Take a shower and change into one of the dresses in the closet. I will be waiting for you outside the room..." He says stepping out of the room and shutting the door.

I take my time in the shower. I grab my towel and open the closet.

Dozens of beautiful ball gowns and dresses line the rack.

I finally choose one that was viral and looked like an old Victorian dress and was covered in ruffles. I lace my corset and slide it on. I open a jewelery box and put on a diamond pendant, a small diamond encrusted tiara, and grab a pair of short heels.

I leave the room and find him outside the hallway.

His jaw drops at the sight of me and he stares.

"You look like a true queen, Mina. I need to warn you about these people. They are my coven. Remember that you are still human and that they lust for your blood. Just stay close to me..." He says as he places his hand around my waist, the other I hold in my hand tightly.

He leads me to a door and I hesitiate to enter. I follow behind him and see a room that is enormous. Hundreds of coffins fill several other separate rooms and I realize it's a throne room.

"Awaken my children. You're king brings word to you!" Vladimir says, his voice echoing off of the cold stone walls.

All at once the lids open and people rise out of the coffins.

The begin to crowd around me and Vladimir. All eyes are on me and I hold onto Vladimir for dear life.

"Stop! Leave your future queen alone! Behave yourselfs..." He yells and they step back a few feet.

"This is Mina and she is to be my wife and queen. You will treat her with the respect you give to me!" He says and sits at a long dining table.

Food from all kinds awaited on the table.

I sit beside him. I look at him.

Can I eat? I think.

He nods as if reading my mind.

After the feast...

Vladimir introduced me to his right hand man, Tyrone. He was 6 feet tall and his body was covered in muscles. He was a giant. He seemed nice though...

I began to feel sleepy.

"Vlad, could I take a rest for a while? I'm really tired..." I ask yawning.

"Why of course, my love. Tyrone why don't you show Mina somewhere she can sleep?"

Tyrone leads me to a small room with a long hallway with tons of doors on either side. The floor was stained with red spots but I ignored it. I could hear somebody across the room I was in screaming. I entered a bed and it was covered in pillows and silk.

"I will be with Vladimir, my lady." He says, his voice deep.

I nod and he leaves, closing the door behind him.

I quickly fall asleep...