Chapter 32

I stared up at the famous Walker mansion, wide eyed. Looking at the Walker Home was like staring up at a modern medieval castle that was constantly growing larger and more ridiculous as the years progressed. It was the kind of place that dripped money and made you wonder... if you stole a large statue from their garden if they would even notice?

The five story structure was built of stone and large glass windows. To the left was an expansive garden and hedge maze. To the right was a pond with bright, colorful lights that lit a fountain at the center. Large thick trees could be seen in the distance behind the house. Tall trees lined the driveway, acting like sentries, threatening in their reminder to all who approached that they would never stand a chance against the Walkers.

"Holy crap..." I breathed.

"I know," Delle said next to me, inside the limousine as we approached the ridiculously large house that had its own name. She wrinkled her nose up at it like she was taking in a bad smell. "You don't really get used to it. And they add onto the mansion every year." 

"Welcome to the Fides House," Luke muttered. "Where loyalty is demanded..." 

"Above all else," Luke and Andrew finished in unison, like it had been forced upon them until it stuck like a second skin.

Turning, I stared at Luke. "How do you not get lost?" 

"A map probably," Delle interjected. "This place takes up a whole block on Google Maps."

Andrew raised a brow, taking her in with an amused expression. "You stalked my mothers house via satellite?"

She shrugged. "I used to get paid to stalk people for a living. Habit. Why are you surprised?"

Andrew smiled down at her, his eyes dark. She shot him a dangerous smile in return, both lost in their own world for two.

Luke barked out a laugh. "Your relationship is so weird." 

I shook my head, and smiled to myself. Leave it to Delle to find a man who loved her penchant for dangerous jobs and hobbies.

"You used to live here?" I clarified, still stuck on the giant house before me.

I had seen the mansion on television before, but seeing it in person, going inside felt like a strange dream. A potential nightmare, but the rest of the evening would determine what kind of dream it was. 

Luke nodded up at the house with a guarded expression, like he was mentally preparing for war. "Got out as fast as I could."

"We both did," Andrew added, adjusting his deep blue tie. Andrew Walker looked impeccable in a midnight black suit that were perfectly tailored for his broad shoulders. While Luke wore what he called his 'underestimate me' ensemble which consisted of a tailored black button down shirt that left the two top buttons unbuttoned and no tie, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.  

Both Walkers wore their clothes like armor, slipping back into their expected Walker skin. The oldest golden child, the obedient one other than his choice in profession, and the rebel movie star that wielded his family name like a taunt. 

When I had asked Luke who in his family knew about his birth mother, he told me that Andrew, Delle, his grand father and his step mother were the only ones that knew. His father had worked hard to keep Luke's real mother safe from the paparazzi and now Luke was doing his best to do the same. 

Delle adjusted her dark green blazer that sat over a low cut top, muttering about never letting Allie near her closet again before tugging on her dark green slacks, glaring at them like being forced to wear anything other than ripped jeans was an irritation. I looked down at my light pink dress that was woven together with shades of blue and sighed. "You are all wearing dark colors."