chapter-13

☆EVARA☆

I was standing in front of my door, shocked, looking at the thing placed on my hand.

A red lipstick, he brought 2 so he could gift one to me, just the thought of it made me blush. I closed my palm and turned my heels to my door.

I entered, a shy smile cracking on my lips. His every action makes my heart flutter.

I really like him, yup I do, he makes me feel seen, wanted, cared everything. He understand me very well, even though we have just became friends. He listens to me that's most important.

I threw myself on my bed as soon as I entered my room, hugging the pillow and twirling from one side to another, the smile never leaving my face.

Composing myself after sometime, I got up, walked to my closed, opened the safe taking out a silver coloured shiny box.

A box which has some of my beautiful and precious things, like a pink hairclip that my father gave me on my 12th birthday. I loved it so much and I didn't wanted to ruin it, so I put it here and never took it out.

A bracelet which was given by Nitya in 5th class, we have been friends since then, for the first time someone else other than my parents gave me something so it was very precious to me.
An earrings that Gunny gifted me when we both were going to attend his older brother's marriage.A withered rose that I grew for the first time. I know, I shouldn't have plucked it but it was looking so enchanting, I just couldn't stop myself from keeping it to myself only.A five rupees coin, I found on the road when I was on my way to school one day.

Keeping the lipstick into the same box carefully, I closed the box and put it back on it's place.

_________________________________________

*Ok, good night.* He replied.

I smiled at my phone after reading the message. It's almost 1 am in the night and we were still talking.

I got to know a lot of things about him, like he has interest in cooking, every sunday he try new dish but his father doesn't like this hobby if his.He is very ideal type boy, always respects elders, girls and kids. He is also a good student and good mean he is topper of his class, he doesn't have much friends just like me.He have 2 best friends, Kartik and Veer. The trio are together since kindergarten. He loves music a lot, he also write it sometimes.He loves his bike a lot, his father gifted him last year. Every Saturday night he go with his friends to racing, no one from his family knows this. He also told me that he had a crush on his Hindi teacher in 10th class. And a lot more.

*good night.* I wished him back and turn off the screen before going to bed.

_________________________________________

Days passed and just two days before the vacations were over, It was 12 in the afternoon and I was busy reading the book I bought.

Mills and boons, the male reminded me of Anshuman. Tall, dark and handsome, though his shade is not too dark. He shade is just perfect not too dark nor too, that's when my thoughts got interrupted by a ringtone.

I smiled at the caller Id, my heartbeat increased and the butterfly in my stomach started to rush around.

I answered the call and put it near my ear, excited to listen to the same honey voice but my smile faded away at the caller's voice.

I recognised the voice, the same voice I haven't heard since she went village, Nitya. She is back? She didn't even informed me or called me but maybe that's why she called with Anshuman's cell phone.

"Hey...Nitya. You are here, you didn't tell me? How are you? How was your vacation? Did you enjoy? Did you meet you grandma? Did you had good food" I bombarded her with my questions as my smile came back again.

"Stop..stop... sweetie. Yes, I am back and I am fine and I am so excited to meet you so I am coming to your house" Her chirpy voice made me smile wider.

"Really." My eyes sparkled at her statement.

"Yes."

"Ok be quick, should I cook something for you or should I order pizza?" I asked, excitement dripping from my face as I jumped on my bed.

"Ahmm...pizza." She replied thinking for a second.

"Ok.. done. I'll be waiting." I hung up and called the nearest shop to order pizza.

I quickly tidy-up my room and went in the living room , where my mumma was watching movie.

I joined her on the sofa and told her about Nitya's visit, she was also happy to see her after so many days.

We both were busy watching the movie, when the bell rang and I quickly rushed to open the door.

As soon as saw her, I tightly hugged her and told her how much I missed her.

"Hey..hey...let me breathe, you are gonna choke me." She tapped on my arms saying that and I left her ,giving way to enter.

She wished my mom and we both entered my room, again the doorbell rang and I opened the door to find the delivery boy.

He handed me the recipt and pizzabox while I give him the money, smiled and closed the door. I gave the box to my mom and entered my room.

We both layed next to each other as she started to talk about her adventures in village.

My mom came in with a plate of pizza slices and some cold drinks, we both quickly got up and took one slice each.

After finishing the snack, I went to put the plate into kitchen but when I came back, I saw Nitya going through my phone.

I got scared ,not because she was going through my cell phone. It was normal for her to check my phone, we don't usually keep secret.

But today, I was scared because I have a secret,I gulped at thought of getting exposed and I am not sure how she'll react.

Hearing my footsteps, she averted her eyes from phone to look at me. We had a good staring competition, and in the end, I looked down.

How can you do this Eva??" Nitya asked throwing the cell phone on bed.

"I am sorry, Nitya, I didn't mean to hurt you." I said apologetically, not meeting her eyes.

"Hurt? Really Eva,We are best friends ,we promised that we'll never let any guy ruin our friendship, and you are seeing my brother, behind my back." Nitya confronted while I nodded my head in No.

"This is not right, you know that. Right?" Added Nitya.

"We were not seeing each other, we were just trying to know each other and be friends ,that's all." I tried to explain my point of view though maybe it was a lie, I liked him.

"You are saying you were just trying to know each other, then explain me the late night talks." She argued.

"You have to choose between my brother and me Eva. Then only things can go back to how it was." Nitya gave me two options. How can she say that? I know we promised but choosing between her and her brother is not something I ever dreamt.

"How can you say that Nitya?" I said in tears.

************************************************
So we are at the intermission.
What do you think, who is Eva going to choose.

What would you have chose, if you were at Evara's place.

Have a good day and thanks for reading.