Chapter 1

Reality Just Bitch Slapped Me In The Face, And Mandi Helped

Shea

We've been together since we were in high school. War is two years older than me, and began prospecting in my brothers' club when he was 18 and I was 16. I've known him since I was about 12 though. He came from a horrible family and foster situation when the President of our MC, brought him into the club to prospect.  War basically lived at the club and did clean up and errands until he was 18 and old enough to prospect.  He joined my brothers, who were a few years older than him, and they became closer than blood family.  When he became a full member, he was already deep into the family of the Oblivion MC.

Though I was all about War, and knew he was the one, or at least thought I knew, we didn't start dating until I graduated from high school when I was 18. At that point War had finished prospecting and was a full member.

I know that my brothers gave him a hard time about me, told him if he was really interested to wait until I was older, he did, kind of, in a way, wait for me.  While he was 'waiting' he was filling his spare time with quite a few club girls, and he was never single while I was still in high school. Whatever, we weren't dating then, in fact, I dated a few guys at school during that time to try and make him jealous.  I don't think he was jealous, but he did notice and wasn't necessarily pleased, I just had fun dating and doing stupid high school stuff.  I didn't wait for him, he didn't really wait for me, we lived fun lives apart, until we lived our lives together.

But once I graduated, it was just us, no one else, no making the other jealous, no games and no sneaking around behind the other ones back.

Just the love that we had, War and Shea.

We eloped during my last year at university. I earned my teaching credential and I was hired at the elementary school in Crestline, the town we've lived in our entire lives. Everything was perfect, our lives together, our family with my brothers, their wives and kids, the Oblivion club family. Between my teaching job, and Wars job at the garage we were living life on our terms. We had money, we saved enough to buy a small house, we even took a few vacations. Our lives were what we'd always dreamed of. We were even talking about starting a family in a year or two.

I can pin point exactly when our perfect loving lives began to veer off track.  A bright and shiny, needy and manipulative invader moved into our world.  I didn't recognize the threat for what it was, I underestimated my husbands vulnerability, and I definitely didn't see the smart and conniving snakes strength. In hindsight, there were a series of small hints before that I should have taken more seriously. You notice small annoyances, you process them, you even think that you understand and are prepared for them.  But in my ignorance, I dismissed the telltale signs, the truth is, sometimes you have no idea the amount of destruction that is really coming your way.  By the time I truly realized how deep the snake had gotten into Wars head, it was too late.

But to be honest, the fuse that the snake ignited, had always been living in War. He had always seemed to feel that he didn't quite deserve the great life we were creating, that because of his childhood, and the crap parents he came from and the ugly foster experiences he had, he thought that he wasn't good enough for me, or that he even deserved real and true happiness.

In that regard he could not have been more wrong. He was the best man I knew, even better than my two older brothers who raised me after our parents OD'd. He was honest, loving, protective, brilliant, fun, he was everything a girl could ask for. But in the back of his mind he had doubt, and that doubt he had in himself, well, it just played into the hands of our own personal snake, I mean if a snake had hands.

The club has always had an ever-changing collection of club girls. Some are in the clubhouse for weeks, some stay for years. Their jobs are to clean, help cook, and do chores around the club. But their main purpose is to keep the guys happy. However the guys want, wherever they want and whenever they want. Some of the old ladies hate the girls, I get that, and those ladies are usually the ones whose men still dip their dicks into the house girls. I never really cared. I grew up in the club, so they were always around, and I've always treated them nicely, and in turn they did the same to me. I don't look down on them, or try to embarrass them, it was a peaceful coexistence.