Chapter 20

What Fresh Fucking Hell Did I Just Walk Into?

Shea

Up until this afternoon, I would have said that things were going smoothly. The kids and I were solidly moving forward, we've formed a tight and supportive unit, I am proud of them, and they depend on me. Obviously I've never been a parent before, but I was a really close and involved aunt, who was deep in the day-to-day minutiae of their lives, so when I became the de facto parent, much of the respect and trust of the foundation of our relationships had already been laid.

Parenting the girls has been a bit easier for me, in that, duh, I was a young girl once. The boys, well, that's all new territory for me. Because my parents chose drugs over my brothers and me, Rocky and Jax were several years older than me, and they for all intents and purposes were my parents, not my brothers. And them being older than me, I never saw them as children, they truly always were the adults I looked up to. The boys legally began raising me when my parents OD'd when I was 9, but unofficially they'd been in charge of my health and well being from my birth on. My parents were so deeply addicted that I have literally zero positive memories of them. My brothers however, well, they always were, and always will be the best men I've ever or will ever know.

I'm sure my brothers were wild, I know as they got older the stories that I have heard certainly support that theory, the things they and others talked about painted them as pretty deep in the man whore world, at least until they met their future wives, then after they found their girls, they didn't slut around at all. They still partied and were crazy with their friends, but as far as their women were concerned, they were all in and completely loyal. They loved and idolized their wives, and if anything threatened or upset the wives, my brothers were lethal in their reactions.

I guess what I'm trying to explain is that my brothers, and the women they married were not just good people, but the best people.  They loved each other, their children, their families and friends with fierce devotion and support, setting an example for their children and me to follow.  They were most definitely 'couple love goals', I thought their kids saw that and would respect and honor that love by finding their own, and treating it gently and respectfully.

So to say that this afternoons surprise caught me off guard, doesn't even begin to explain my shock.  I guess my first mistake was forgetting that the boys are, well, boys.  And they most certainly aren't looking for love, not that I thought they should be, but I also didn't expect to find out that they and their friends were dirty little horndogs, unfortunately, just like my brothers were.

The day was humming along as expected, I got the boys off to school, the girls and I left shortly after. The school nurse called me into her office after 1:00pm, I called in for a monitor while I went to see what was up. Well something wasn't up, it was "out", as in Tess had vomited up the contents of her stomach all over her classroom desk. Thankfully I was able to leave early for the day, I arranged to have Claire go home with a friend after school, and Tess and I left school for home.  

It was after 1:00 by the time I pulled up to the house, and was surprised when I saw Rocks car along with several other cars, some I recognized, others I'd never seen before, filling our driveway, but I assumed he'd just run home to pick up a book or something he'd left behind this morning.

Walking up to the front door, I heard what sounded like a loud party coming from inside the house. Thankfully I slid Tess behind me when I opened the door. Because when I opened that goddamn door and saw my nephew Rock, nude on the living room couch, with two naked high school girls straddling him I just about exploded. I quickly turned around and took Tess back to the car and tucked her into the front seat, telling her I'd be back in a few minutes.