Epilogue

The Best Fuckin Life, Wife, And Kids, Thank You Rocky And Jax

War

We finally got here, sitting in the fucking hot seats at our fourth (undergraduate) graduation.  Our baby Tess is graduating from Cal, the same school her brothers and sister graduated from, she's moving to So Cal in a few weeks to start her grown up life.  The kids tease Shea that she's the crier, but fuck, it's all I can do to keep my face dry when I get my kids all together, or when I have to say goodbye to them.  I fuckin love my family.

We've had our hands full the past couple of years, Rock went pro with football, and he's living and playing in SF, Tell is creating his own financial empire, advising the club, in fact, he's a fuckin brother now.  Rock will probably join us when he retires, but that won't be for a few more years at least, so right now, I got my man Tell with me almost as much as I'd like.

Our Claire is an attorney, fighting hard to keep assholes off the street, god help those in her sites, because our girl is a brilliant and merciless with those who don't live up to her expectations.  She lives in SF too, and we catch up with her several times a month, though I know that she and Shea talk almost daily on the phone.  Our kids are independent, but we've built a strong family and we're all close.

Sweet little Tess is moving down to San Diego to be a nurse, I told her that there are plenty of hospitals in Nor Cal, but she said there are also too many brothers and club uncles, and she wants to go where there are a little fewer of each.  I heard her tell Shea that 'Cartwright', the asshole she's been dating the past few months is following her down there.  What the fuck kind of pretentious name is 'Cartwright'?  Fuckin idiot, he's an asshole, it won't take Claire too long to figure it out and kick him to the curb.  Fuckin Cartwright, Fuckin San Diego.

So it's gonna be just me and my girl living in the house.  Though the kids have been out of the house since they went to school, it always seemed like we had one at home still.  With Claire moving, it might be a little empty.

I'm good with it, I get Shea all to myself, and that is a big fuckin win for me.  My girl is still teaching, so she get summers off, and we try to travel to most of Rocks games, but the big summer vacations with all the kids don't happen anymore.  We all get together at holidays, and we go up to Tahoe a few times a year, but I miss having all my 5 together.  My girl gave me the best family, sweet and amazing wife, fun and wild kids, I can't imagine it being any better, and somehow, I got it all.

We talked a few times about having a baby, but Shea said that our family was perfect the way it is, that we didn't need another baby to complete us, and like everything, Sheas right.  All I ever needed anyway, was Shea, and whatever she brought into our world, I'm the luckiest fucker ever, I've never deserved all I've been given, but I've protected it like a mother fucker.  My wife and kids are happy and secure in the world we've given them, and I will protect them till I take my last breath, probably even after, just like Rocky and Jax have watched over us.  Those men will always be the best men I've ever known, they raised Shea, and in some respects me as well.  When they left this world, they left their babies, and those babies grew up to be the most important people in our world, Thank you Rocky and Jax.  I'll spend the rest of my life honoring theirs, by continuing to watch over their people.

Shea

Our baby is moving away, I know I should be happy for her, I am, I'm just a little (a lot) sad that she'll be so far away.  I won't be surprised though if after a few years she ends up back in the Bay Area, she loves it, and thats where we her family are, and our baby is a family girl.

Why she's wasting her time with Cartwright I have no idea, he's nice enough, but he's not 'enough' for her.  He's the kind of guy that follows her around, doesn't challenge her, doesn't excite her.  He's safe, and the boy that she really likes is anything but safe.  My guess is that Cartwright will be history by Thanksgiving.  Hopefully.