Chapter 22

I Just Need My Five

War

Sometimes life sucks, and it really sucks when we're the one who screwed up our life to begin with. And sometimes, a fucking angel decides to shine her light on you, and you're not only saved, fucking forgiven, but also gifted the children that most people can only dream of. So, the shit I was born into, the shit I got myself into, I'm leaving it behind me, because I got 5 bright and shiny beautiful people that I'm gonna give my best, for fuckin ever.

They're gonna get the crazy love from me, all the fun I can give, the protection that will keep them safe from a mean world and assholes who want to hurt them. My 5 are everything, the pride I have in them, knowing that I'm continuing on their parents care and legacy, sharing the love their parents had for them, and showing them every day, that the worst the world had to give them, well, they've already survived that, so the rest is gonna be sunshine, kisses, and birthday cakes.

Shea says I can't promise them that, but I will, because I'll die trying to give them everything, and protect them at the same time. My Shea curls into my arms at night now, curled up against my chest with a heart that was alone and hollow for too long. My arms surround her with love and protection, so she can just be her happy damn self, bringing all the love and fun she gives us and the world.

The kids are all growing up strong, healthy and happy, thriving in school and in their relationships. The boys are almost men now, Shea told the boys they had to try out college for at least 2 years, then we'd reevaluate. I'm so fucking impressed by them, they've definitely got the Lincoln brains, all four of them are smart as fuck, like their parents and aunt, with me they get the brawn, we all have our gifts to give.

Shea and I have talked about having kids, but so far, we're both more than fine with the four we already have, that might change in the future, and if she wants a baby tomorrow, then we'll start tomorrow, but we both feel that our family is complete with the 4 we already have. Shea says she's cool now, that we're busy, she's having fun, she's not sure if she wants more. I want whatever the fuck will make her happy, because she fuckin lights my world on fire. Every damn day, I wake to her smiling face (at least after she's had her coffee she smiles, before that, she's a little rough around the edges), and I look forward to whatever our world brings us.

I got my girl back, I got the four fucking most awesome kids in the world, I don't need more. I'm not a greedy man, I just need my five. My wife and kids are smart, they're the kind of people that change the world, and I'm gonna enjoy the show.

Our Rock is playing football for CAL, he started off as a QB, but ended up as a running back, he's fuckin fast and smart, so he might even have a chance to go pro. We'll see where he ends up, hopefully he'll graduate without a baby, because god knows we've drilled in the condom lesson, Shea has Amazon dropping off boxes of condoms every month, my girl is not up for being a grandma yet.

Tell is finishing out high school, then he's gonna follow his brother to CAL and hopefully the football team as well. Though Tell says he's only gonna play because it makes getting girls easier, damn kid should have known better than to say that in front of Shea, he got a lecture that is still going on, 5 weeks later. Tells destiny isn't in sport though, that kid is a fucking numbers genius, he hacks for the club, tells us where we should park our money, the kid knows finance, and I can't wait to see what he builds. He is definitely gonna do all 4 years at school, he said he's ready to juggle the team and a double major in finance and engineering, he'll do it and he'll succeed. Like I said, Lincoln brains.

Claire is still young, we're not sure where she'll end up, but she sure as fuck will be in charge where ever she goes. The girl is confident, smart and so damn beautiful it's scary. I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to be a lawyer or president, she'd be doing the world a favor if she did either, she's a fuckin gift to the world.