Chapter 9

Nunew only get some sleep around 9 in the morning. All he did when he returned home was to cry. His eyes were red and swollen. He doesn't really want to leave his room but his mother knock on his door and insisted that they should eat lunch together.

While eating lunch, his parents never ask why his eyes were red and swollen. They were too quiet than the usual. Nunew suddenly felt the tension around. He can't help but to ask his parents if there is something going on that he didn't know.

"Ma, Pa, you guys are too quiet. Is there's something wrong?" He ask. He shifted his gaze from his Mama then his Papa.

Nunew was surprise when his Mae Anne started to cry. " Maee~~~, Pa, why is Mama crying? Is there something you are hiding from me?" Nunew ask worriedly. He was confuse as to what is going on with his parents. They've been acting really strange since last night.

"This is all my fault Anne."

"It's not. Stop blaming yourself Ananda. No one is at fault except that shameful teacher Mrs. Kang!"

"Mama, Papa, I'm really confuse. What's going on? Tell me."

"Nhu, son, How can I tell you this. You see, there's a rumor going around Chiangrai that you became rich because you are selling your body to rich men. That you have lovers all over Thailand and one super rich boyfriend in Korea who gave you a luxurious life." his Papa narrates hesistantly.

Nunew's gasp, his eyes widen in shock. "What???!!!"

Nunew doesn't know what to do anymore. He wanted to laugh and ignore it but then he remember what Zee told him last night. "Everytime you're with me, you're always acting as if you're freaking virgin when everybody knew you're not!"

Now he understand everything.

"Mrs. Park told me that it was your former teacher Mrs. Kang who started to spread that lies. That woman. How dare is she! She was even a teacher!" Anne shouted angrily.

"But why will Mrs. Kang do such thing? That lies towards me? I know she hates me eversince. I really don't understand why she hates me that much."

His father Ananda answered. "Because Mrs. Kang still hates me until now. She still hold the grudge against me after what we've done to her many years ago. When she was still young and single. She was my middle school teacher so as your Uncle Pirapat Panich. You know how we are back then. Just like you and Zee when you were younger, we are mischevious. We are Chiangrai troublemakers. One day, after school, we happen to see her entering the stock room."

Ananda continued. "Pirapat was the one looking outside while I was the one who followed her inside. I saw her naked, making out with the school janitor. I was so surprise with what I saw and immediately left and tell Pirapat about it. We were laughing the whole time after we left school."

"The following day, since we are naive primary schooler, Your Uncle Pirapat and I can't help but to tell everyone about it. We thought it was something
funny and all. The news reached the Principal. The Principal back then was her Auntie. And because of shame, Ms. Han now known as Mrs. Kang was force to marry Mr. Kang, the school janitor."

"She was very angry at me. I was the only one she pointed out who spread the news since Pirapat was her favorite student not to mention the owner of the school. She didn't get mad at him. She said I ruined her life. Mr. Kang resigned as a janitor in our school and have a hard time finding another job."

"Serves her right." Nunew said. Now everything is clear to him why Mrs. Kang hate him to the core. It didn't surprise him that the old woman even invented news just to ruin him. It was a revenge to his father for what he did before. "So that's why Mrs. Park was asking me about my lover last Songkran."