Chapter 20 | The Stranger's Rage

Lily was beginning to wonder if Vor ever felt joy in her life

She was being yelled at for ten minutes, and the Ek questioned her existence. She called her names, theorized her goals, and at some point resorted to slurs.

Slurs she definitely didn't intend on repeating even once in her lifetime.

"I know what I want to do with her." Vor would say, deep feminine voice rumbling with anger. Lily had to hold herself back from sighing in relief. Whatever she wanted to do- Lily was up for it. Anything that ended this yelling.

"Let's dump her outside tribe land."

Okay, maybe not that!

Aun's face scrunched up, eyebrows furrowing. "... No." He'd disagree. Lily looked at him with surprise, expecting him to have taken Vor's side.

"We can't go against Baldur's word." The Fjǫrðr reasoned, "He's the Aðal for a reason."

Vor scoffed, resting her hands on her hips. "Baldur's only letting her stay because he thinks she's weak."

Lily frowned, "I can defend myself..." She blurted, her voice slowly getting quieter as regret settled in. It was best to stay quiet when talking to someone as angry as Vor, and that was exactly what she DIDN'T do.
Vor scoffed, rolling her eyes and stepping dangerously close to her. "Oh, yeah?" She spat, "I haven't seen any evidence of that, łekan dzí." Her tan hands flew up, gripping Lily's platinum-white hair and yanking her head forward.
[Sweetheart.]

Lily whimpered as her hair tugged at her scalp. Aun stepped forward, "Ek." He'd capture her attention, "Let's... not hurt her."

She let go of her hair. The shorter woman rubbed her head as Vor shoved Aun away, "Stop being a fucking pacifist."

Suddenly- the opening of the meeting room door distracted them.

She felt her heart relaxed at the sight of the cloaked man entering the room. His hood was pulled up, hiding his face under shadow, but she felt his gaze sweep the room. 

Lily had never felt so happy to see him.

Vor's scowl scrunched up more in distaste, obviously irritated upon seeing the man again. Aun stepped around the Ek, "This is a private meeting, sir." He'd inform.

He simply scoffed and walked further into the room, cloak swaying with each heavy step.

"I told you to leave her alone." He rumbled, voice reverberating sinisterly, "How many times do I have to hammer that point home?"

Talk about a guardian angel.

Once again, Vor stepped forward and got up in his face. "What's with your protectiveness?" She snarled, "This has nothing to do with you, hátáana."
[Stranger.]

The last word offended him, his muscles clenching and body tensing irritably. She could hear his breathing worsen. 

"Or, perhaps you're in league with her?" Vor rose a brow, "Are the two guests conspiring?"

Lily tensed, stopping herself from throwing her hands in the air. There was nothing she could do to convince Vor she wasn't evil, and everything she did just made things worse. Lily felt awful for dragging the other guest into this.
She walked forward, approaching Vor delicately. All eyes were now on her- including the Ek's smoldering ones. She clasped her hands before her, "Please don't drag him into this." She politely pleaded, "He's been very kind to me- that's all."

Her cheek abruptly stung- face whipping to the side. Vor had slapped her.

This is where all hell broke loose.

The cloaked man flew in a rage, slamming his entire body weight into Vor before she could say anything egotistical. They hit the ground- wrestling and snarling.

Lily fell back, her butt aching as she hit the ground in a thump. Aun rushed forward- hooking his hands under her armpits and dragging her away from the angry duo. Even though he was suspicious of her, Aun still had common sense.

She watched as their bodies violently convulsed, horrified as their skin ripped and bones snapped.

Rolling off each other- their bodies bent into themselves and horrifyingly crunched until their bodies completely changed form. Hair grew out of every inch of their bodies.

Vor's pelt was dark brown, with patches of lighter brown on her ears, snout, and paws. The cloaked man's pelt reminded her of your average bear, but he was absolutely gigantic. The man towered over her with rage swirling in his eyes.

 They lept and met with a violent thump, chairs and tables shattering into splinters as they wrestled. 

The roars of bears made her ears ring- like a gun was fired right next to her. She covered her eyes as Aun pulled her into a nearby corner.

Cowering from their excessively violent fight, she could only thank Aun for being morally humane at this moment. He could've ignored her and focused on his own safety- but it seemed he wasn't that awful of a person.
The other guest's large paws pinned Vor down, claws raking through her fur. Blood flung across the wood floor, a roar of pain echoing from the pinned Ek. She attempted to throw him onto his back, but he was too big and heavy.

Amongst the shaking floors, screaming bears, and shattering furniture- heavy steps echoed down the halls until a tall figure appeared in the open doorway.

The man with long black hair, half of his hair braided, stood in the doorway. Baldur's eyes widened- lips parting amongst the sea of hair from his beard. "What the fuck?!" The Aðal exclaimed.

Things were about to get a lot worse.