Chapter 36 | The Mortal Goddess' Protector

"Well, if it isn't Ullr?"

Her mouth dropped open, looking upwards due to how immensely tall the figure was.

He was fourteen feet tall. The man had four arms, all covered in different assortments of tattoos. Long, dark brown hair waterfalled over his shoulders- covering the roots of where two large caribou antlers sprouted out.

Strangely, the smiling man wore a white cloth over his eyes.

The four long scars from his stomach to his shoulder stuck out amongst the tattoos. On his chest and down to his abs were strange writings in a long-forgotten language.

Ullr lowered himself to one knee, "Gii'yuh." His deep voice rumbled.

It.... It was Gii'yuh. The name was usually spelled Gaia by mortals.

Gii'yuh is a cosmic entity- the very creature that created every living organism—an Eldritch God. Selene and Ullr were gods, but that's because an Eldritch being gave them power. Gii'yuh gave it to him.

Selene didn't know what to do. Trembling, she'd drop to her knees. This majestic, beautiful god before her lowered her arms to his sides and smiled.

"Your little wifey is scared of me." Gii'yuh cooed with the tilt of his head, "How cute."

His voice echoed like a heavy bass- making her soul tremble. 

Ullr scoffed, gritting his jaw. "Don't act like you don't know what's going on." He hissed, "She's cursed, isn't she?"

The grass and flowers surrounding the mushroom circle began to prosper and grow. Bending down- Gii'yuh plucked a rose from the ground.

"Hard to feign ignorance around you, Ullr." The Eldritch god huffed, "Yet... you know how much I hate this guttural language."

Her husband stayed on his knees, "Do I really have to explain?"

Gii'yuh grinned, chuckling lowly. "No." He'd say as he plucked the thorns off the stems of the rose, "But I like to complain."

This... Eldritch God. A being beyond comprehension.

... Was kind of an asshole.

"My, what a remark." Even though he wore a mask- Selene felt his stare bore into her. "Do you talk to your mother with that mouth?"

Ullr looked back at Selene, "What were you thinking?"

Holy... shit. Gii'yuh can hear her thoughts?

"Uhm..." She trembled, unable to look in the god's direction. "... That he's an asshole."

Selene watched her husband rub his face up and down but, shockingly, did not look angry or fearful. Gii'yuh simply stood in the circle with his cocky grin.