Chapter One

She was pregnant, and no, she wasn't imagining this; Bonnie swallowed hard, flipping the little white plastic wand over and over in her shaking hands, completely in disbelief.

Yup, there it still was.

The bright pink plus sign, really had only confirmed what she'd already suspected, but now came the hard part, and that was what to do about it. The reaction of the daddy was not going to be pretty, or at least, that was what she thought anyway.

She knew that night between them had been a fluke; a desperate seeking of two lonely people who had been rejected, time and again, by those in their lives that were supposed to care. But the real issue, the one she didn't want to face, was the fact that the thought of bringing this baby into the world, knowing it was his, should repulse her, only instead, here she was getting…excited?

Bonnie threw the evidence of her condition into the trash can of her personal bathroom. She looked into the large mirror over the pedestal sink and forced a smile, trying her best to pretend the reflection was him, instead of the light caramel skinned witch that she was.

Her eyes were the lightest of hazel tones, sometimes green, sometimes almost yellow, depending upon her mood, and right now she thought she saw red. It only took a minute for her to realize that it wasn't the irises, but instead the sclera, and all because she'd started crying.

Nervously smoothing a hand through her honeyed curls, she cleared her throat and sniffled, reaching deep within herself for the courage she'd always had for her friends, but very rarely for herself.

"I- I- I know," she stammered to the scared images in the mirror, "that we agreed to never speak of this…"

Bonnie lost her composure and gripped at the sink with her hands, sobbing uncontrollably now, and losing her nerve completely. She felt nausea building itself quickly up from her stomach, and didn't want to vomit, but found she couldn't control the urge.

So she rushed to the toilet and wretched, all the while holding her mental dialogue she was hoping to practice, with each convulsed heave, in her mind to her unborn child's father.

That night we were together, well, somehow it created a life. I know it's insane. I mean, it shouldn't have right, you're not even really alive, well, not in the technical sense.

No, I'm sure it's yours. I've been with no-one in that way, except you, for months.

I- I- I want to keep it…you're just going to have to accept this… I've made up my mind.

Bonnie reached for some toilet paper and wiped at her mouth, not too sure if it was the baby or her anxiety that was causing the sickness. She gingerly righted herself back up and went back to the sink to rinse out her mouth.

When she refaced the mirror, she addressed it with more determination and resolve, her pallor almost grey with dread.

"This is not up for debate. I will do whatever I have to, in order to protect this life. You will not stand in my way or I will end you. I am strong. I am powerful. I am a Bennett, God damn it!"

After this declaration was made, she started to half believe her affirmations; her eyes drying up and her face returning somewhat to its former beauty.

"You might not love me, but I will most certainly love what we've made. So, yeah, that's all I wanted to say…I just thought you should know."

That sounded better to her ears. She didn't want him to think that he had to be a part of this, although she secretly hoped he would want to.

Bonnie smiled again, only now with more genuine feeling, and repeated all these things, until she really did start to see his cock sure, sexy, and sometimes, well to be honest, more than not, evil face within the glass instead of her own.

"That's right Klaus, we're having a baby", she licked at her lips, and actually giggled a bit, in an unhinged kind of way, preparing for the worst, "so get over it already."