Wall Maria

"…this thing flies?" Eld asked as he stared at the odd metal beast in front of him.

The beastman in a green uniform stopped attaching a gun to the rear of the bird and turned to him.

"It's better. Unless you want to go on foot." The soldier replied, returning to his work.

Levi approached his subordinate.

"So far their weapons work well, doubt their helicopters won't perform excellently."

"Any word on the wounded, captain?" he asked.

The short man grimaced.

" I don't know."

"I see. Any word on when we head out?"

"One hour. That way when we get there the sun will have begun to set and the Titans will start to become inactive. The Imperials are already loading up our supplies as well as theirs."

Eld nodded, surprised.

He wanted to ask if this was really it, after all those years of trying and failing to even start the slow process of sealing the walls.

But he knew better.

The captain was a usually calm man, but he knew just as much as the rest of the team that this short man carried more stress than any of them, and they didn't need to annoy him with dumb questions about a mission.

Wait, where did he-?

He noticed the captain had moved towards the flying machine, slowly passing his index finger along the surface of the metal bird.

"…Filthy…" he heard him mutter.

The man working on the gun visibly shook before staring at the captain.

"Uh… filthy?" the soldier asked.

"You have dust and plenty of dirt all over the floor, which is understandable, but the seats and windows… are not."

The soldier stared in disbelief.

Eld wondered if the presence of humanity's strongest had the man at a loss for words.

"Well, this one will be carrying ammunition and the gun for support, so not too many troops will ride here… hopefully the ones your team will be riding in are… should be cleaner." The soldier said nervously.

Levi simply nodded with an unreadable look on his face before walking away.

Eld smiled slightly before overhearing the Emperian mutter something.

"Supreme… this world has neat freaks, too?"

"What?"

"Nothing," he stated, going back to working on the gun.

"Wind, two-fifty, fuel 5 magic stones…" Roy heard on the radio as the different pilots kept going over the lists before takeoff.

He is a Dark elf. He was one of the few Army officers tagging along, and all he was in charge of were a few Army engineers.

He glanced at one of the other DOVA 4s, the one being loaded with the last bit of cargo needed for the completion of this mission.

"All instruments are good, we are ready for takeoff."

"Understood, Hillclimber, Godspeed."

Here we go…

The beast- Machine shook and rumbled as a whinnying sound increased to the point that Petra was glad the ear protection the men had given her was doing its job.