8.

I was now sitting on the couch we did the Estes method yesterday with Sam and Colby sitting next to me. The camera was set on the table in front of us and Sam was talking about what happened and what is their plan for the rest of the week.

I didn't really pay attention to Sam, I was zoned out, re-thinking everything. I was also trying to figure out what was the connection between me and Sam that we could talk to spirits like that.

Isn't it crazy that we just hold wrists and in all the sudden we both can hear voices and see shit? It all just doesn't make sense.

Yesterday when we talked on the couch, we agreed on me staying here today until early evening so we can do more investigating.

When I zoned back to reality I noticed Sam still talking to the camera. "We got to the plan that Hazel's going to stay until evening so we can do more investigations and try to figure out what this connection between her and Sam are. Then our next guest is going to arrive." Colby was now speaking.

.

"So, we were thinking. Since we haven't got in contact with any that good spirit yesterday. You could try to do the method or whatever?" Colby asked pointing between me and Sam.

I thought for a second. "I'm down as long as you are. I just wanna warn you that we probably won't get in contact with anything good. I mean you know how it was yesterday." I said.

"I mean, yes. But we did got into contact with Lana so maybe we can get into contact with Abigail or someone who's not a negative spirit. If we won't that's fine too but I think we should at least try it, figure out why us." I nodded as Sam finished talking. "Yeah, we can try," I said.

We sat up rem-pod and some other equipment. Colby turned on a other camera that was facing us from the hallway that led into the kitchen. There was a EMF rope around the couch we sat on.

Me and Sam were sitting on the couch, Colby standing in front of us where the camera was sitting. I took a deep breath before looking down the hallway that led into the basement.

"There was a white shadow that sprinted across the hallway, but I had my hair there so I don't know, it could be just my hair." I said calmly. "Whatever," I waved it off and turned back to face Sam who was watching the hallway that I saw the white shadow in. He turned back too. "Ready?" I nodded and held his wrists while he held mines.

Moment of silence went trough the room. "Is anyone here?" I asked looking around the room listening for an answer. There were a few distant footsteps, I looked to Colby and then Sam. I pointed to the direction of the footsteps, "you hear that?" They shook their head no. "You don't hear it? The footsteps?" I could tell the footsteps getting closer to us. "Wait," Sam said. His eyes went wide when he finally heard them as well. "I don't hear it," we both turned to Colby as he said it.

Last footsteps and then silence. "Hello," I said. Me and Sam both heard a hey. I smiled at the fact that it was a familiar voice and not a negative spirit. Sam still looked surprised even after what happened the other day.

"Can I ask, who you are? Just a confirmation," I said. I knew who it was, I just wanted to be sure. A soft whisper said Abigail. "Hi, Abigail," Sam was now talking. Colby took a step back when he heard Sam talk, his face expression changed too. Sam was looking behind the couch. He also knew she was there. She was standing right behind the couch and we both knew, we both felt her.

I smiled looking at Sam. He then asked, "Abigail, we were planning on going into the woods, what do you think about it?" Moment if silence filled the room again and a soft humming was heard.

"You hear the hmmmmm?" Colby asked us. We both looked up at him as we nodded. "Yeah, where is it coming from though?" I looked around the room. "I don't know, I can't tell," Sam replied.

We all stayed quiet for a good minute and when the hum didn't stop we all looked at each other in confusion. "It's still going-" Colby tried but I shushed him.

I turned my head to the basement door and stared at it. I was so sure it was coming from that direction. Just to make sure I turned my head to the other side and that just confirmed that it was coming from the direction of the basement.

"It's coming from there." I said point my finger, lifting Sam's hand as I did. They both looked and listened. "Is it? I hear it from that way." Sam pointed into the kitchen.

"You know what's funny about that?" Colby said, both of us looking at him. "Both directions you hear it, is leading into the basement."

Chills went up my spine when I realised. "Don't tell me it's coming from the-" I sighed. "Oh yeah, I forgot there's also an door there." Sam admitted.

"Okay, I don't know about you but I don't hear it anymore." Colby pointed out. "No, me neither."

"I hope the camera caught it, it was for real like a hum like an actual hum like hmmm and it went for like two minutes straight." Colby said, picking the camera up and turning it around to face him as he talked.

"It's always those little hums for me, knocks, hums, that's like common thing to happen." I said. "As a medium, I get these a lot."

"It just creeps me out that every time we do this it somehow always gets back to the basement at the end." They both agreed, nodding. "Yeah."

"My honest theory is that whatever wants to talk to us, tries to at the beginning and then this thing that resides in the basement just comes trough and because it's possibly stronger then the other spirits here, it just like cuts the contact with the other spirits and us and IT comes trough to scare us." I said.

"It's cool that you said that because that's what I was thinking." Sam pointed out.

However between our talking, me and Sam stopped holding wrists and my hands were now sitting on my knees.

Every time we do this, the thing from basement comes trough. What does it want? Does it want to scare us? Does it want to talk? Does it want us to go down there? So many questions and no answer.