10

Sam's pov

"I can't understand" Hazel said. "You can't understand what?" I asked.

"Do you know who pushed into Hazel in the kitchen?" Colby asked. I looked over at Hazel who was now rocking back and forth.

"She got into the trance." I pointed out, Colby just nodded.

"I didn't mean to- "

"Him"

"Who's him?" I asked.

"I warned you before"

"Get her out"

Me and Colby both shared a weird look. "Why? Is something going to happen to her?" I asked looking back at Hazel.

"Stop it"

"We're not gonna stop until you tell us who pushed Hazel into the shoulder. Was that you?" Colby asked.

Something weird inside me wanted to try to do the Estes method while me and Hazel held hands. Maybe I could hear or see something while she's under.

"What if we get her out of this for a second and we do the hold wrists thing while she's under?" I asked. "Not a bad idea actually."

I tapped Hazel's shoulder and she jumped a little before pulling the headphones down. "Hello there." She said, pulling the blindfold up to see. "Fuck, light."

I chuckled before talking. "We were thinking, you do the Estes method and we held hands at the same time so maybe I could see or hear something as well?" She looked surprised at my words.

"That's actually an amazing idea, how did we not tried that earlier?" I shrugged at the same time as Colby.

"Okay, going under." Hazel said, pulling the blindfold down. "Hey, Hazel?" Colby asked, just to make sure she doesn't hear us.

"She's gone."

"Okay." She said and held her hands out for me to held them and I did.

"Playing with the devil"

I looked at Colby, terrified. "Are we playing with devil by doing this?" Colby asked.

I tried to relax as much as I could, trying to imagine something to happen.

"Any last words?"

She said like it challenged us. It was terrifying.

"Don't stop."

"Run."

"Two people?" I asked. "Yeah probably." Colby nodded.

"Who are you?" I asked, hoping for myself to hear something as well but I didn't hear absolutely anything.

"I'm the darkest."

"Bro, actually, should we continue? It's saying we're playing with the devil and that it's the darkest and shit, like should we actually continue?"

"We probably shouldn't huh? We can continue later." He nodded at my words and tapped hers shoulder to get her out again.

Hazel quickly took the headphones and the blindfold of. She seemed terrified honestly. "Hey, you okay?" I asked right away. "Yeah, no."

She put her hand on her chest rubbing it. I noticed this before. She rubbed her chest when she felt uncomfortable or scared.

"You're shaking." Colby pointed out. She really was shaking, like a lot.

"I just-" she took a deep breath as Colby stood up to grab the camera. He pointed it at her as she explained what happened.

"I just, when you held my hand, the temperature changed from cold to hot and it felt like I had my head right next to fire. My neck actually stinks like it got burnt.

"What the hell. I really don't think you should stay here for much longer if these things happen to you. It's not worth for you to stay here, you'll probably just get more hurt." Colby said. He had a point, neither of us wanted her to get hurt, neither of us wanted anybody here to get hurt.

She put her hand on the back of her neck but as soon as she touched it she flinched. "Ow fuck. It hurts." She said pulling her hair on one side. "Could you check?" She asked, turning, so I could check the back of her neck.

There were five small, red circles on her skin, looked like finger prints. "Colby, come check this out." I said motioning to Colby to come to look.

"What is it?" Hazel asked. "OH MY GOD" Colby said really loudly as he pointed the camera at the back of hers neck.

"DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT! What is it?" Hazel asked again. "It's like five finger prints on your neck." I said pointing at all of the red marks. "You can see it way better on the camera though."

I found my phone in my pocket and when I did I took a picture of the marks. "Look." I said. Hazel turned around to look at it. "WHAT THE FUCK" She freaked out. "No way that's real, tell me it's not real."

"Trust me, I'd love to say it's fake but it's not." I admitted. She looked at the picture again and then away. "No but it hurts right at the spot where those are." She said, her voice breaking.

I was quick to wrap my arm around her shoulder. It felt weird but I didn't back away. You could see tears filling her eyes. She actually was terrified.

"Sorry." She laughed between crying, covering her face. "No, you're good." I told her.

"I look like a crybaby now, fuck." She tried to joke. I felt bad for her. "The thing is, I don't cry because of shit like this. I don't know what's happening to me right now, I-" she tried to talk but her voice cracked again.

"I think we should take a break, yeah?" I asked, looking at Colby who nodded and put the camera down, turning it off as he did.

"What the fuck is happening."