six.

Taehyung woke up to the sound of clouds rumbling, the noise being loud enough to wake him up in a sweat. He tossed around for a bit, until his eyes adjusted to where he was and it all hit him at once.

Oh shit, I've been kidnapped. Immediately, he sat up and let the sinking feeling of fear take over his entire body. But, then he looked over to the side to see Jeongguk asleep on the bed with the covers over his face. By someone I literally played in the sand with. That's crazy.

It was hard to be scared of Jeongguk when the two had history together — even though their friendship was only a few months old and at an age they barely remember. That made the entire experience more confusing rather than scary, why would Jeongguk do that to his mother? The woman who helped his father raise him when no one else could.

Maybe he wants money. He won't hurt me then. Taehyung thought to himself and eventually looked away from Jeongguk. I still need to escape, he might switch up and murder me.

Taehyung slowly crept out of bed and dragged his feet to the balcony door in front of him. He placed his fingers over the handle and tugged down, frowning when it turned out to be locked. So, he quietly walked over to all the other potential exits.

Unfortunately, everything was locked.

What the hell? Taehyung aggressively rattled the door handle, but that was no use. There was a lock in the inside he could twist, but it was obvious a key was used to actually lock the door.

"Everything's locked, give up." Jeongguk murmured from the bed.

The rustling behind him made Taehyung slowly turn around, but laughter immediately began to leave him.

"Did you sleep in a suit? Do you think you're in a mafia boss fanfic or something?"

"I wasn't asleep." Jeongguk spat back, "I was faking it to see what you'd do. Now go back to sleep, everything is locked you can't get in."

"I'm not tired." Taehyung whined and dragged himself back to his bed, "Can you please let me use your phone so that I can at least talk to Jimin until I sleep?"

"No, don't ask me stupid questions." Jeongguk scoffed, sharp eyes watching Taehyung let out a loud annoyed tone and fall back onto his bed.

"I'll talk to myself out loud until you get annoyed and let me."

"Go on, it won't work." Jeongguk replied. What a brat. Mrs. Kim shouldn't have babied him this much.

"I don't get why people kidnap innocent people for money. If you want money that bad, why don't you just ask? Or rob the person? Well, obviously I don't want my mum to be robbed but I don't wanna be kidnapped either." Taehyung stared up at the ceiling as he spoke.

Why is he so annoying? He won't go on for that much longer. Jeongguk thought to himself, resisting the urge to go on his phone incase Taehyung made sudden attempts to escape or take his phone.

"Especially by someone I was low-key childhood friends with. Like we could've become some crazy best friends if you didn't stop playing with me when I was like 6. Well actually, I'm glad we didn't because you're actually really attractive and I'd rather smash than befriend." Taehyung turned onto his side to face Jeongguk who just stared ahead with a blank expression.

What a weirdo. Jeongguk side eyed the boy which made the other smirk.

"You know, Jimin told me I'm really good at winning people's hearts. I had this really bad crush on this guy but he rejected me even though I never confessed but I still managed to win him over- well we didn't date but I gave him head."

"You can talk how much you want but can you at least keep the details to a minimum? We aren't friends, keep things to yourself." Jeongguk briefly turned to him, sighing when he saw the determination in Taehyung's eyes increase now that he received a reaction.

"I bet I could do the same to you in a week." Taehyung picked at his nails with a smirk, "So like, am I gonna spend the rest of my days in this room? Or are you at least gonna let me go outside to feel the grass."

"You're staying here."

"And if I'm sick?"

"A doctor will come."

"What if I break my leg and I need to get immediate surgery so you have no choice but to take me to the hospital?"

"You're not gonna need to go to the hospital, you won't need a doctor either." Jeongguk began to get progressively more angry at the latter's never ending questions.

"It's really hot in this country- and it's not even a nice type of hot it's so sticky. I hope the bag of clothes you stole were summer clothes." Taehyung spoke referring to the bag tossed in the corner of the room carelessly.

Jeongguk didn't reply.

"This thunderstorm is really annoying. What if-" Taehyung stopped talking when Jeongguk suddenly stood up, grabbing something from his blazer pocket as he stormed over to Taehyung's side.

A gun was held in front of Taehyung's surprised face that was now morphing into nothing but pure fear. Jeongguk was visibly irritated, and the grip on the gun made him look ever scarier.

"You're gonna shut your pretty little mouth and go to sleep, do you understand?" He spoke through gritted teeth.

Taehyung gulped and shakily adjusted himself onto the bed so that he was ready to sleep. A sigh of relief left his pouty lips when Jeongguk lowered the weapon and began to walk away from his bed.

Finally, some silence. Jeongguk slipped off his shoes, fighting off the sleep that was now trying to take over him. He didn't want to sleep until Taehyung was fully knocked out and he was certain that the boy wouldn't wake up again, but that was hard to predict so all he could do was enjoy the peace.

The peace unfortunately didn't last long.

"So you think I have a pretty mouth?" The smirk was evident in the way Taehyung spoke, and Jeongguk knew it was growing when a sigh left him.

For fuck sake, how much longer do I have to deal with this for?

I started this book when it was august and hot in England but now it's literally -2 outside idk how I can keep the summer theme up