26 | a reminder

Monday 27th November 2023
5:39 pm

When I found out that the boy in my dreams was Mattheo Riddle, I'd never felt such hatred before in my life. The disappointment I felt to finally discover who he was, the son of the pyscho who murdered my brother.

I've never felt so angry. I cried in my sleep for the first couple of days at school, but then eventually got over it, only realising that he's just a regular boy... who's a real brat, might I add.

But for the past week, since our little walk to the Black Lake, and since he let me sleep on his chest, it seems as if he's been avoiding me. I've barely seen him, and when I do, he turns the other way. Usually, he'd stop to irritate me, and I'd be the one walking the opposite direction... but there's something up with him for sure.

However, the unknown number has been messaging me quite often, and it turns out he's really nice and it seems as if I'm made a good friend. The only thing is, I have no clue who he is.

creep🥷
So, you say you HATE horror films, but wouldn't mind watching them with me?

Me
bc when I get scared we can
nvm

creep🥷
We can what?

Me
u wouldn't get it😗

creep🥷
Right... strange girl.

Me
also, I've talked to u about this
turn ur auto caps off

creep🥷
But that's so stupid. Can I not use caps like a normal person?

Me
no. not when ur talking to me.

creep🥷
fine.
better?

Me
I'm over the moon🥳
so when we gonna watch this film

creep🥷
jaya.

Me
creep.

creep🥷
stop calling me creep

Me
tell me ur name n then maybe I will 🤷‍♀️

creep🥷
ffs.
I can't tell you who I am, I've told you about this.

Me
bc I'll apparently be "disappointed"
I doubt it
I already like u (as a person) rn so what would change?

creep🥷
idk how to explain it

Me
oh...
I think I know

creep🥷
what do you know

Me
I've met you before in real life, I hate ur guts n ur scared of me finding out who u r n ruining our amazing bond we've made online

creep🥷
no

Me
yes

creep🥷
no your theory is incorrect

Me
is it tho...?

creep🥷
ugh just give up

Me
never

creep🥷
jaya

Me
hey mattheo👋

creep🥷
what?

Me
🤭

creep🥷
u think I'm mattheo

Me
yes

creep🥷
😂you're wrong

Me
I know u well enough

creep🥷
well you're wrong

Me
keep denying it

mattheo?
I will keep denying it
because I'm not him

Me
whatever goodbye
I need to get ready

mattheo?
bye.

The truth is that I'm not entirely sure whether this mystery person is Mattheo or not. His personality kinda matches him quite well, and putting the pieces of the puzzle together only leaves me with one suspect, which is Riddle. I haven't suspected anyone else, so it must be him... I think.

If it is, then that's embarrassing because I used to rant to the creep about how much I hate Riddle and how much of an effect he's had on me, which I never wanted Mattheo to know. But oh well.

He hasn't attended any of our martial arts training sessions at all this week. Each day I had to wait for him, and then realised he was never coming, so I just practiced on my own. Right now, I'm getting changed into my gym clothes for another session alone.

Professor McGonagall found out that Mattheo and I were the only ones in the club, but she let us carry on running it secretly, but told us that if one of us leaves, then there'll be no club at all. So hopefully she doesn't pay me a visit and find me alone in the room of requirement, because then I'll never have access to the training room again.

As I'm walking through the corridors, I suddenly feel the chill of the winter breeze. It's definitely getting colder as the days go by, but it only excites me since I know that Christmas, as well as my birthday, is nearby.

I wander past empty classrooms, but suddenly notice one that's partially open. I hear shuffling, and contemplate whether to mind my own business or take a quick peek. Of course, I chose the latter, and quietly make my way closer to the door.

When I look in, I feel my heart drop, as I witness Mattheo all over another girl, making out.

I gasp, and slap my hand over my mouth and quickly take a step back, my eyes widening. I hear someone coming to the door so I quickly run away, turning a corner before I can be seen.

My heart pounds, and I let out a breath, not knowing how I feel after what I just saw. For some reason, I feel... upset? I shouldn't care whether Riddle is messing around with other girls, we're not together, nor will we ever be. But it's the fact that he's denied he's a player, and his true colours have just shown.

I don't know who that girl is, but she looks like someone random that he's decided to ruin. I guess I just have to continue to make sure I'm not the next.

Clearly, he's missed his old ways and has been ignoring and avoiding me all week so he can get back to his regular routine, sleeping around with any girl he chooses. I'm pissed off, to say the least... but I'm more angry at the fact that I didn't see this coming.

Part of me kept telling myself "no, he's not like that, he's changed... he's different now". But I guess it was meant to be - it was my fate to catch him there, to remind me of why I hated him.