35 | a stressful situation

introducing...

Rio

author's notesorry for the late face claim guys😭

author's note
sorry for the late face claim guys😭

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Sunday 3rd December 2023

9:03 am

We soon arrive at Hogwarts, the car stopping at the entrance. I immediately try to run off on my own, but I'm stopped by a hand on my wrist, pulling me back.

"Now where are you going Miss Jaya?" Rio asks and I turn around with a sigh, to find a cheeky smile across his face.

"Away from you perhaps?"

"Listen." He chuckles. "I don't appreciate this situation either, but we have to do what your parents have said, my friend."

I let out a deep breath.

"They might murder us if we don't." He adds and I almost stop myself from laughing.

"Trust me, I know."

I notice he's still holding onto my wrist as I glance down at it. A split second later he pulls his hand away and shakes it in the air.

"Ew." He says, looking disturbed, and regretful.

"Well, I'm gonna go."

"Bro, who's gonna show me around? I'm new to the school you dumbass." He chases after me and I groan in annoyance.

"Watch your mouth Ryan." I say, as we enter the castle.

"Stop pretending you don't know my name." He whines and I roll my eyes.

"Ah, Jaya Levine, you're back." I hear Dumbledore's pleasant voice call out, as he approaches us in the corridor. "And you've brought a friend."

"Hi Professor, this is Rio. My mother sent you a letter about him joining right?"

"Oh yes, the new student... even though it is a bit odd joining mid-year, we had to let such a top student join. I've seen your record, your grades are outstanding." He says to Rio, and my eyes widen a little in shock.

I never expected Rio to be the intelligent type. I honestly just thought he was dopey.

"Thank you Professor." Rio smiles.

Suddenly the Professor whips out the sorting hat from under his cloak, and I blink in surprise. Without notice, he places it on Rio's head, as Rio just stands there looking panicked and confused.

"Slytherin!" It shouts out, and the Professor takes the hat off of him.

"Oh, it sorted me into my house?" Rio asks and the Professor nods.