𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬 ; 𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐞

𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇, 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬 ; 𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐞

"𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐧' 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐬. 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐧' 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩"

 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐧' 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩"

𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐘 𝐉𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄

Billy Dunne: I don't really remember when things changed between Lauren and I.

Lauren Roundtree: I can remember it vividly. It was the night he met Teddy Price.

-ooo-

Lauren sat on the back porch alone when she was startled by Billy rushing out to her.

"Lauren!" he quietly shouted.

"What the fuck, Billy?! You scared me!" She placed her hand over her chest.

"You're not gonna believe this," he grabbed onto her hands, pulling her up from the chair.

"What, Billy? What happened?" her eyes widened.

"We just ran into Teddy fucking Price at the store!"

"What?!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"He gave me his card!" he pulled the slip of paper from his pocket.

"This is amazing!" She squealled. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he excitedly lifted her off the ground, spinning in a circle.

But it seemed as though, when he set her back down, the space they meant to create between them wasn't all that much. Before she knew it, his lips were on hers. She quickly responded, grasping his face in her hands and pulling him impossibly closer. But a thump inside the house caused them to pull apart.

Billy cleared his throat awkwardly.

Lauren simply took a deep breath and smiled at him.

"Good night, Billy," she disapeared inside the house with a smile on her face.

-ooo-

The next morning, Lauren was standing in the kitchen, making herself a miniscule breakfast when Billy and Camila stumbled in, their arms wrapped around each other.

"Morning, Lauren," Camila smiled at her.

"Morning, Cam," she replied, "Billy." She nodded at him.

"Hey Lauren," he replied stiffly, but his eyes seemed to linger on her.

So what if she had a couple sips of a little something during breakfast? She deserved it, right?

-ooo-

Lauren: That was the day I wrote "Better than Revenge".

-ooo-

"Graham!" Lauren called from her bedroom. He swung the door open a few short seconds later.

"What? Are you okay?" he asked from the doorway.

"Come here, I wanna play this song for you," she tapped on Karen's side of the bed, next to her.

Graham stood firmly in the door.

"Graham please? I promise, a ghost won't get you."

"You promise?"

"I'll even pinky promise if you get close enough," she resassured.

He carefully entered the room. He quickly jumped onto the bed as if the floor was lava, holding up his pinky to her. Softly laughing, she wrapped her pinky around his.

"So you wrote a song?"

"Yeah, uh, it's called Better than Revenge," she lifted up her acoustic guitar and started strumming. It was when she sang He was a moth to the flame, she was holding the matches, that someone walked by. A specific someone that caused her to strum a broken chord.

-ooo-

Lauren: The original lyrics were "She's better known for the things that she does on the mattress." But by the end of the day, I didn't think it flowed correctly with my theme for the song.

-ooo-

"Hey, Billy," Graham greeted, noticing him standing in the doorway.

"Hey," he responded back, shortly. He turned to the blonde, "Is that a new song?"

"Yeah," she responded with a nod.

"I like it," he stated simply before he walked away.

-ooo-

Graham Dunne: She got the biggest smile on her face. It was a good moment.