06: 7 Minutes Paranoid

A rustling noise cried into my ears, waking me up. I got to my feet, cursing at the back of my head. My breaths were muffled as I searched my eyes for the time. And realizing that it was just three o'clock in the morning, I almost dragged myself out of bed.

What in the world is going on in the middle of witch's hour?

Saglit ko pang inalala kung papaano ako nakatulog ng mahimbing, eh kung kanina lang ay halos patayin ako ng mga sarili kong iniisip.

As I ignored the creaking noises, a sharp chill ran down my spine, setting suspicion. Imaginations raced wild in my head. A mysterious entity intent on tearing my unholy body apart and extracting every last drop from my lovely organs made my heart cry. The image of the old man, his eyes filled with sadness and loathing, flashed before me, a disturbing reminder of the assassination I'd committed.

As I struggled to comprehend the intensity of my thoughts, attempting to grasp the full spectrum of my senses, a bolt of lightning-like pain surged from the base of my spine, piercing through my ribcage and igniting a commotion of agony within my mind.

My lungs tightened as I strained for air. This is bullshit. My chest was hammering furiously and it was deafening. Every beat and bounce of my heart seems to convey a strange horror to my entire body.

The echoes of this sensation resonated through me, similar of the remnants of a near-death experience in Citadel, where I teetered on the verge of death, enveloped in a crimson sea that threatened to devour me whole. My hands were trembling as I gulped for the presence of oxygen. Trying to ease myself before I slid over beneath my bed to looked for a weapon.

I never thought I'd find myself here, reaching for the familiar weight of the karambit tucked beneath my bed. It's been a while since I've touched it, but its presence has always offered a strange comfort.

Perhaps it will be sufficient to keep me safe when I leave this room. I grabbed it gently and crept to the floor, cautiously opening the door so as not to make any noise.

I groaned softly as I maneuvered through the narrow aisle, each step a delicate dance to avoid disturbing the stillness around me. Yet, I couldn't shake the realization that my mind seemed detached from the physical realm, rendering it impossible for my body to move accurately in the situation.

Pakiramdam ko kase ay lumulutang lang ang isip ko sa ere habang ang katawan ko ay nanatili paring maingat at alerto.

I then came to a halt at the corner and peered into the kitchen while leaning against a wall. However, there was nothing inside except for the open window on the left side of the kitchen.

Who could have entered from there? Eh, nasa ikalawang palapag naman ako ng bahay? I'm not sure if I left that open before going to bed, but I'm pretty sure I haven't opened one of them since I got here two days ago.