10: Guidance Office

The next morning...

I sighed, expecting it would keep my patience, but it didn't. She's been getting on my nerves, yet I can't seem to get away from her. Aoike's been following me around since this morning, babbling on about Cross and counseling, despite her obvious anger with Cross just yesterday.

After the footage was leaked, everyone avoided me, which I prefer since it meant less unwanted attention. Sir Pedran is unable to be found while sir Agusi took his place this morning and Chanel Oberlin has not came out. Akala ko nga susulpot ang babaeng iyon, sa kaniya lang naman kasi nag simula ang lahat ng kamalasan ko dito sa University.

"Uh, Ruby?" she called again. This girl just doesn't quit...one more poke and I might just rip her fingers off. "Ruby... I'm here, let's talk."

Will she still follow me if I grasp her jaw and separate her chin from her skull?

Tsk.

"Ruby—"

"What?" I grunted.

"Are you going to stay silent or do you simply not care at all?" she asked for what seemed like the hundredth time since yesterday.

"Silence is not the same as not caring," I retorted.

She cleared her throat and then glanced up. "Well, it seems like the leaked footage doesn't bother you. I mean, you could file a complaint with the Dean's office or even consider suing Sir Pedran."

That's not all I can do... "I don't feel like doing any of what you said."

"How come? But what about you? You're hurt, you should take action," she insisted.

"What about me? Am I hurt?" I questioned to myself... "I do care, I just prefer to remain silent. I'm not in the mood to complain, just like I'm not in the mood to talk to you right now," I explained, attempting to provide an excuse. 

However, she remained persistent. I stopped in front of her and let out a deep sigh. "I appreciate your concern, but at this moment, I need some time alone to figure things out. I'm tired, and I don't want any nuisance like you," I grumbled.

I observed the expression of dread and anguish that crossed Aoike's face, but I couldn't find it within myself to care. "I'm sorry, but you were told to go to the guidance office, and Gael was there. If you had listened to me earlier, you wouldn't be so irritated with me right now," she said firmly, causing my lips to part in surprise.

It's the second time I've seen her upset. "Guidance office?"

Ah, that makes sense.

Akane said hearing about counseling can sometimes trigger my automatic resistance, especially if it's unexpected or feels intrusive. As if my mind immediately refused to listen to her and I ultimately became irritated.

Another version of hell I wish didn't exist, huh? I have enough torture of counselling sessions back in Citadel.

As I reluctantly followed Aoike to the guidance office, a stream of curses echoed in my mind. I couldn't help but worry about the potential consequences and the kind of punishment I might be subjected to. It made me question whether guidance offices handle such situations differently from one institution to another.

Do this place do, torture? Or do they all compel you to break and split every mirror of your personalitiesThat's even more exhausting!

I thought I'd left one torment behind, only to find myself facing another. The idea of stepping into this place was as daunting as confessing sins in a scorching church. My head spun, feeling dizzy and lightheaded as I stood before the door. Above it, a sign displayed saying... "Guidance through Hell." putaa, kinginang karatula naman 'yan!