Chapter - 01

"Everything will be fine." He squeezed her wife's hand who was laying on the hospital bed, fighting with cancer. She knows that nothing will be fine and her husband doesn't want her to worry. She slightly nodded at his words to reassure him. 

Her husband kept a smile on his face whenever he visited his wife. He didn't want to break down in tears in front of her. He wanted to become a strong person so that his wife could lean on him.

"I'll go talk to the doctor. I'll be right back." He said and got up from the chair. He turned to walk away but stopped and kissed her forehead. 

"I love you, honey. You'll come back to our house very soon. And we'll celebrate Christmas together." He smiled and walked outside. 

Y/n's pov;

I sighed when he left the room. Nobody can tell better than myself if I'm fine or not. I want to die quickly so that Taehyung can be at peace. The hospital bill is increasing with each passing day. I know he wants to save me at any cost but I'm done with my life. I don't wish to live anymore. 

I'm a 34-year- old housewife. Everything seemed perfect when I got married to Taehyung. He was a handsome, loving and caring husband. We both were doing fine jobs. One day, the company where Taehyung was working as a manager, framed him for embezzlement. He was locked up. It took 2 years to prove him innocent. Every responsibility fell on my shoulders. After that day, our bad time started. 

Nobody was ready to give employment to Taehyung. He did countless part time jobs. And after 2 years, a ray of happiness shined in our lives. I was pregnant. But that sunshine didn't stay longer. I had a miscarriage and unfortunately I never conceived again. 

After 2 years, I found out that I had cancer. I didn't want to burden Taehyung so I never told him anything. One day, he read my medical file and admitted me to the hospital. The treatment was expensive and we didn't have much money. Now, I'm at a stage where I don't think I can make it alive. 

I slowly got up from my bed and walked to the corridor. I could hear Taehyung's voice from here. I hid behind a wall and heard the conversation between the doctor and Taehyung. 

"The treatment isn't working on her. You should prepare for the worst, Mr. Kim." Taehyung burst into tears and the doctor patted his shoulder. 

"You should spend time with her." The doctor said. 

I closed my eyes, letting the tears flow. "I shouldn't cry. That's what I wanted and it's the best for Taehyung too." I walked back to my room. 

After a few minutes Taehyung was back in the room. He removed the curtains and the sky was covered with dark clouds. "Looks like it'll rain tonight." He said and opened the window. 

"Can you give me a pen and paper ?" I asked him. 

"What happened?"

"I want to write something." His smile vanished from his face. "Taehyung…….I'm alright. Didn't you say I'll be going back to our house soon ? I want to make a list about the things I need to buy before going home. You'll get those things for me, right?" 

He ran to my bed and held my hands. "I'll get you anything, Y/n." 

"Leave a paper and pen beside me."

*****

Taehyung went to take our dinner and I finished writing a letter for him. Suddenly the sky lit up with thunder and after a few seconds the loud sound of the thunder echoed. I smiled and started to cough. 

"Y/n !" Taehyung was back. He ran to me and caressed my back. "I *cough* placed *cough* a letter *cough* for you *cough*"

"Don't talk right now. I'll call the doctor." I held his wrist and stopped him. "It's for *cough* good." I hugged him and continuously coughed on his chest. He caressed my back.