𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: consider

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲: consider

( 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 )

It seemed like time was passing at a snail's pace. It felt like the seconds were minutes and the minutes were hours. Micha felt the dread of being late settle inside of her chest as the plane circled. First, her flight was delayed until the next day, so she missed qualifying altogether. Then, now that she was finally on the flight, they'd been circling the airport waiting to land for what felt like hours. The longer she remained out of reach of her destination, the more dread-filled she became.

She checked her phone for the time– 9:15 am. The race started at 10:00 am, meaning she only had forty-five minutes to spare. Her leg bounced nervously as she was eager to see Lando for the first time in two weeks, due to their busy schedules. The last thing she wanted was to make that time longer– she couldn't stand the thought of it.

Lando's eyes scanned the garage, looking for a familiar face. Micha should've been there by now; her flight was supposed to have landed over an hour ago. He opened his texts with her and saw that they still weren't sending. He felt a small anxiety creep up in his chest as he wondered if she'd make it in time for the race or if she was going to miss it due to her delayed flight.

mimi 💗

mimi 💗

hey sweetheart

let me know when the plane lands

I'll meet you in the paddock :)

message failed to send!

Lando sighed and shut off his phone again, laying it back down on the table. It seemed more and more likely that he wouldn't get to see Micha before the race began, as he had hoped. He locked the door to his driver's room and got changed into his fireproof and his race suit. He knew he should've been thinking about the race instead of fretting over where she was, but he couldn't help it.