NINETEEN

IT FELT AS THOUGH TIME WAS GOING BY TWICE AS FAST. It was the day of The Hunger Games, and everyone was full of nerves, of course. The tributes had been given some clothes to change into, though they were hardly more practical than what they were originally wearing. Aria had been given a brown corset dress with a white blouse underneath. She found it entirely unfair that the boys had been given outfits that were easy to fight in, like Coriolanus with his simple white shirt, black jacket and faded green cargo pants, but at least she'd been given a decent pair of boots that would make it easier for her to run in.

The drowsy tributes were abruptly awakened when the screens in all of the cells burst to life, displaying clips of the Capitol crowds waiting with anticipation to see the tributes. They had not yet been brought into the arena, but they would be soon.

"Just two hours until we see the faces of our tributes," Lucky Flickerman's voice sounded. "How lucky we are to receive two Hunger Games in just one year!"

Aria scoffed. Lucky? Was she lucky to have to relive her worst nightmare? The Capitol citizens had no idea how lucky they were. They didn't have to worry about reapings. Most of them, although there were some exceptions, didn't have to worry about where their next meal would come from. Their life of luxury was something that District citizens could hardly even dream of.

Interrupting the broadcast, Dr. Gaul, Aryadne and some Peacekeepers burst through the doors. All the tributes were handcuffed and escorted away into a train, headed for the arena. The train was far nicer than the cargo train that was used previously, as Gaul and her daughter were using it for their transportation as well, and would never be caught dead in the kind of train that the tributes were traditionally brought in. They were all on their way to the arena, where the tributes would be held for a while before they were released into The Games.

When the train arrived at its destination, Aria was shocked at how colossal the arena was. It was far bigger than the previous one, and when she was escorted inside, it was even more shocking to her. The place was covered in all kinds of trees and plants; it was an artificial forest. It looked completely realistic, but a lot of it was fake. It would make for an interesting game, that's for sure.

"Come, now," Dr. Gaul said, leading the Peacekeepers with their handcuffed tributes to a doorway. She discreetly entered a passcode, opening the door wide, revealing a small holding room.

"You will all stay here for a while. If any of you even attempt to kill another tribute before you step foot into the arena, you'll be killed alongside then," she threatened them all before leaving. The Peacekeepers also left the room, leaving all of the agitated tributes to their own devices.

"Good luck, all of you," Smiley said, addressing Aria, Bug, Junius, Sejanus and Coriolanus. They were each thankful that they all had five allies within each other, although that wouldn't last long for Aria. Coriolanus was still adamant on his plan to distance himself from her, which he'd disclosed to Sejanus earlier that day. Sejanus had tried his hardest to talk him out of it, but Coriolanus felt as though it was the best thing for him to do to ensure Aria's survival. He'd protect her from afar, keeping her safe from any threats, but also keeping her from endangering herself on his behalf.

"Make sure you stay close when we're in then," Aria told her friends, who all solemnly nodded. The tributes all felt as though they were losing their minds in that tiny room, until an hour later when Peacekeepers entered again, removing their handcuffs and quickly leaving the room before they could be harmed. With little warning, a gong sounded, and the doors were opened. This start was unexpected, but there was nothing they could do as all of the tributes rushed out, some going to the bloodbath to try and get a decent weapon, but Aria and the other five reunited with her went in the opposite direction, running through countless exotic plants until they grew tired, sitting for a moment to catch their breath.