(4) Problems/Knife/Almost

June 22, Day 11 of trying to buy a forest

I was finally allowed to stand up and do things, but I was prohibited from going outside, leaving me alone, and bored inside my dainty old room. Making bracelets all day can begin to be boring.

I hadn't seen my dad since the day of the table, but I knew the war would be soon. My mother was too busy getting medical business handled, and finding spots to hide for the kids in the kingdom, to even care about my foot.

What was I to do on the day of the war? My foot wouldn't allow me to run, and even if it healed by then, I wouldn't know any of the procedures. I sighed and sprawled out on my bed, letting my foot stretch.

I heard a knock on my door, 3 taps, quick and energetic. "Come in." The door slightly opened a little, and standing in front of me was my mother, and my father. "We know it sucks not being able to do anything, so we got a little something for you!" They revealed what was behind their backs, and I gasped.

I sat up, scooting to the edge of the bed, and getting up to hug my mother. It was a record player. "Thank you!" I walked in front of my father and just put my hand out. "Thanks, dad." I could hear him muttering some things but he shook my hand.

"Father. And you're welcome." I smiled. I limped back to my bed and my mother sat it on my bed. I wanted to ask my father about that boy, but if it actually was the prince, he would kill me for just looking at him.

"Alright, we'll let you mess around with it! Don't let it fall on you!" I laughed a little. They closed the door, leaving me alone. I grabbed the box and opened it, they put a few records on the top of the box, it was the kind of music you might hear at a grand ball, meaning they were expensive.

I would need somebody to set it up for me, but I was grateful. It was heavy, so I gently set it on the floor and pushed it under the bed. The stinging sensation in my ankle was unbearable, and the throbbing in my head felt like a brick.

Sighing I plopped back down on the bed. I sat there for a few minutes before my cough came back. I gently got up and grabbed my box of tissues, covering my mouth. It felt like a bad cold with how dry my throat was becoming, and I had to see the doctor a few days later.

Taking off the tissues I had used to cover my face, I stared at the red dots sprawled before my eyes. "Oh no.." I quickly threw the tissues away, my voice was getting raspy and if anybody saw me right now, they could easily suspect something.

A knock on the door made me freeze in my tracks. "Do you want to go visit your garden? I can help you walk, or get a wheelchair!" It was Lila. I quickly put the tissue box back and adjusted myself. "Yeah, that sounds great! Come in." The sound that came out was a weird pitch and my hair was a mess. "Are you okay?" Smiling, I gave her my usual answer, but changed something about it. "I'm alright. I'm already broken on the outside." She shook her head in disappointment. "Oh! Are you still feeling alright from the rooftop incident? How did you even fall? You never told me."

I passed out. But it's not like I can tell her. Maybe some random excuse, like I slipped when adjusting myself, or my foot fell asleep and I wasn't able to move. This is so stupid! Why did I have to have...

I stopped thinking and just looked at her. "I.. I can't remember! Why was I even on the rooftop in the first place?" I gave out a fake laugh. "I think you told me you were going to go write, maybe about what you wanted." Lila had heard the rumors about me, hell she probably talked behind my back. I was alone in this situation, if she cared, or not.

"Let's go." I smiled and started slowly but surely making my way out into the garden. I wasn't supposed to be out here, but it's my garden, so who cares! I grabbed the watering can and filled it up just enough so I could carry it.