4- Eggs

The next day Stiles woke up a bit early. He had no idea why. He patted around for Stella: but she wasn't there. He assumed he had woken up because Stella wasn't in her usual spot.

He found her in the bathroom with the sink water running on her fur. She didn't like walking with wet fur but she did like sitting in the water. "Hey, Lil Stel? You want a bath?"

Devoid of delay, Stella hops off the sink counter while Stiles turns off the leaking sink. She trots her way to her water fountain bowl in the kitchen. She sits by it and he raises his brows in suspicion. He plugged in the bowl to make it work but it didn't turn on. She paws at the wire and he picks it up noticing bite marks.

"Did you bite the wire or something?"

Stella gave a laconic meow that sounded irritated.

"Alright, alright! I'm kidding," he whispers laughing. Subsequently, he clicks something and the water starts to flow again. She does a happy dance: she trotts in place. She takes a few drinks of water and stretches upward to reach for him. He picks her up under the shoulders, knowing she wants to be picked up.

He kisses his cat's forehead. "You're lucky today is Saturday; Otherwise we'd have to go to school again."

Saturday. It's been a long time since I've known what day it was, Stella thought.

"We're also going camping with Scott later today! You're coming with me too; it will be a bonding trip for a celebration of your first day. Just the three of us- Doesn't that sound fun?" Stiles asks as he carries her to the kitchen. He sets her down on the floor but she hops onto the counter. He playfully scolds her as he fixes him an egg sandwich for breakfast.

As she watched him cook, she couldn't help but get overwhelmed with thoughts; she was off duty, so she was allowed to.

Stella felt excitement bubble inside her. It would be her first official time to go camping... Even if it was in cat form- pretending to be one even... She had slept in the woods a few times- only in cat form rather than humanoid. A question piqued her curiosity: Would they sleep in a tent? She hoped so; Sleeping in Roscoe: The beautiful blue Jeep did not appeal to her taste- no offense to the amazing vehicle she grew to love due to Stiles.

"Scott has this tent that we're going to sleep in-- it's pretty big-- I already packed your bag last night. It can fit up to four people! We used it a couple of months ago... oh, you won't be able to use your water fountain," Stiles gets cut off by an annoyed meow. "I know, I know... I'm sorry, but we don't have a portable water fountain... How about this? We will set up camp near this one waterfall, that way you can have your fountain."

Stella meowed happily about this. Stiles gave her a piece of egg and she happily gobbled the egg up. Stiles giggles and gives her another piece and she noms it right up as well. He rubs her cat ears as he thinks. "Alright, meow if you understand me," Stiles whispers. "I swear I won't tell anyone. Not even Scott."

Maybe she should chill out on the intelligence? Nah-- too late now-- she didn't want to act dumb.

Stella meows and steals another piece of his egg. "Okay I don't think I can count that one- I think you just wanted more eggs." Stella meows and hops off the counter and sits in front of the fridge where he had put up the eggs. He stifles a giggle and opens it for her. She hops into the fridge and sniffs the eggs.

"You want me to make you some eggs?" Stiles asks with a shocked expression. He grabs the egg carton and she does her happy dance again. Stella meows and drags it out making it sound like a "Please." Stiles picks her up, "Don't tell dad this," he grumbles. Stella nuzzles into his face and he can't help but coo at her. "You're spoiled rotten." She jumps to the counter twirls and sits down by the stove.

Started: 12.26.23-12.27.23
Last edited: 12.27.23
Published: 12.27.23