8- Pizza Talk

After they had gotten back home, they had to explain to Noah why Stella wasn't a cat and there was a random girl with them. He took it surprisingly well. All he said to Stiles was: "She wasn't on the chessboard." Stella was confused at first so the boys had to explain to her what that meant.

Currently, they all sat in the living room. Stiles was sat next to her and Scott on the other side of her. Noah was in his lazy-boy chair watching a game show.

"So, what's your real name?" Noah asks after the commercials start to play.

Stella pauses. She grabs her hands and picks at her nails while looking at them. "I don't want to go back to my old life."

"Are you eighteen? If you are, I'm not going to force you to do anything." Noah interrogates.

All the questions were making her nervous but she knew she should comply with the sheriff. She nods, "The day I ran away and turned into a cat is the day I turned eighteen. I think that was 2 months ago."

"It's August."

This made her eyes widen at Scott who had spoken. "Okay, I've been of age for six months." She rubbed her arms nervously; it was also a bit nippy in the house.

"February?" Stiles asks to confirm. He grabbed the cover that was on the couch and covered her legs, knowing she was cold by her body language. His hand unknowingly lands on her knee and stays there. Her eyes examine his hand, grabbing it and beginning to analyze the few scratch marks he had on it. She knew it was from her. "February thirteenth."

Scott pipes in, his voice soft, free from anything stern. He sounded concerned, like a friend for his upset friend. "What's your name?"

"Amara Roden O'Brien. I'm not a missing person... I've checked. My parents weren't the best- Abusive."

Stiles then pulls her into his body and stares straight into his father's eyes. "She's not leaving, she's my esa; We take care of each other."

Noah smiles at his son and leans forward in his chair. "I'm not going to get rid of her, son; I want to get to know the girl! I know she helps, you haven't had a nightmare since she got here."

Stella smiled and her mood changed. She was no longer nervous, she now seemed animated. No longer a small girl with a potty face but a radiant girl with bright yellow eyes. She was forever thankful for the universe to allow her with such beautiful souls as the ones that surround her.

"Can I eat my pizza now?" Stella asks with a small smile. Stiles grabbed the box that lay on the table and gave her a big slice. She grabbed it happily and started nomming on the cheesy goodness with sausage and bacon bits. "I haven't had pizza since I was 7," she groans.

Noah belches a laugh. "I'm glad we changed that! What else haven't you had?"

Stella stops chewing for a second and swallows. "A bed, a book, and a room; I've always wanted to have a dictionary." Noah gave her a solemn look, Stiles and Scott joining after a second.

"I have a dictionary in my room you can have," Stiles announces. "You can have my game room, I haven't used it for a while anyway," Stiles voices while shrugging his broad shoulders. He takes a bit of his slice of pizza and Stella stares at him with glossy eyes: She looks like she is close to tears.

"We can work on that bed of yours, but for now you might have to continue sleeping as a cat."

"Why as a cat?" Stiles asks. "What if I wanna cuddle a human rather than a soft furry cat?" Noah shrewdly cocked his head.

"That's fine just be quiet."

Scott then gave a confused expression. "What noise what is happening with cuddling?"

The room went silent, aside from Stella's stifled giggles. "Oh, Scott..." Both Stiles and Stella say in unison. Stella slaps Stiles' shoulder playfully and swallows the last bit of her pizza. He slaps her back and she dodges it by jumping off the couch and forming into cat form mid-air. The clothes that she wore restricted her so she fell flat to the ground. She hissed at it and poked the shirt hole then ran around the house like a hyperactive cat at three am.

"Stella! Show Dad your other form!"

Stella eventually calmed down and sat next to Stiles forming into her black leopard form. She meowed at licked her pig paw. Stiles laughs and kisses her collar: it was lip level. His arms were wrapped around her big cat-like body. "I got a guard cat and a guard dog," Stiles smiles happily. Scott punches Stiles and Stella pounces on Scott. Scott screeches and falls off the couch as the two wrestle.

"Gosh, you three are more chaotic than I thought! The game is back on!"

The two stop wrestling and Stella grabs a piece of pizza and runs to Stiles' room. She changes form and takes a sweatshirt which was his school shirt with his name on the back with his number.

Stella turns on Stiles' laptop and turns on some music from his Spotify. It took her a bit to understand how to do it, but she eventually got it. She found a song called "Scrawny" by the Wallows and she thought it represented him a lot. She started dancing while eating the last bit of her slice and Stiles walked in and joined her dancing.

"How'd you unlock my laptop?" Stiles asks. Stella smiles innocently. "By watching you unlock it a lot," she shrugs as she sits down. She pulls the hoodie down and his eyes darken when he realizes what hoodie she wore. She could smell his approval.

"Scott had to leave, he had to go pick up his mom: her car broke down," Stiles hums as he picks her up. Stella pouts as he easily picks her up.

"I didn't get to say bye," she grumbles under her breath. Stiles coos at her and lays her on her back on his soft bed. His body slots between her legs and he smirks. His eyes darken once more, not looking like his normal soft deer eyes. Now they looked more possessing, sinister even.

She furrows her brows at her owner and then smiles to attempt to break his hard stare. It doesn't even fracture the look... Not one little scratch either. Her furrow hardens and she sniffles. That was when she realized, his smell was completely different.

Started: 12.29.23
Last edited: 12.29.23
Published: 12.31.23