~𝔸 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨~

______

Atsushi calmly buried himself on the bench in the middle of a dimly lit park. It was nearly going to be a new year, was he excited, he didn't really know. He gazed around the park, it looked like everyone had someone to be with. Families were blissful as they patiently waited for the new year.

The trees were scattered around the park, as majority of them were bare due to it still being winter. Everyone was whispering in the park, they were all cheering and smiling. All with their lovely families eager to be a new year.

Atsushi remembered that he was still quite annoyed today, and he rather wanted to celebrate New Year's alone, the snow-flaked boy didn't wanna lash his struggles to his co-workers. He was not angry at them, he was just frustrated over nothing, he thought it was kind of silly. Thats what he believed about his problems that they were ... useless.

That really explains why he was cuddled on the bench wrapped in multiple of blankets as he fixed his focus on the time. His tiger plushies (he only had three) was surrounded around him, as he hugged one of them.

The starry sky shone on Atsushi as the light shimmered on his silky hair, but casted a bleak shadow behind him, the depths of the endless, bare trees.

Atsushi missed the Armed Detective Agency a bit but all thoughts of that vanished where a petite, fluffy kitten approached the were-tiger.

He immediately held the kitten, the cat was white but had small patches of black, surely he could convince Kunikida to keep the cat as a pet, well it would stop the comments about him being a cat. He was a tiger not a cat! (yeah totally).

The kitten loved the tiger plushies and was warming up to Atsushi, the boy already planned on what to say to Kunikida, he would use his cute eyes to him and the kitten's eyes. He thought that was a good plan, he was also planning to name the cat as .... Sushi.

It was that or Chazuke, Atsushi wasn't the best at names, clearly shown by naming the cat Sushi.

His nebula-like eyes sparkled as the first fireworks sprung in the night sky, colours were mixed in the gloomy sky as showers of more fireworks followed behind. It was a marvellous sight to be seen, he loved when the children in families giggled and was so joyful to see the fireworks.

Cuddling the kitten with him, well the cat was quite scared of the fireworks, so Atsushi tried to cover the cats ears, and soon the kitten was laying on his plan. He thought he was A plus, best at looking after a pet. He would show Kunikida that he can handle a cat.

What Atsushi didn't know a dark figure who loomed behind a tree.

The darkness radiated from there, as little light shone within the trees. The figure was indeed mysterious as he displayed a neutral facial expression. Everything about him was black, his coat/ hair, it was the tips of his hair which was the only white that wasn't covered. Then admiring the lights his attention was on the white-haired boy who happily smiled at the fireworks.

A small smile was present on the figures face as he simply gazed at Atsushi.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I hope your lot have an amazing 2024

Also does anyone know any Shin Soukoku stories like I was want one that Akutagawa and Atsushi is the main ship. Not as some side ship, because I can't find any stories of them.

𝙼𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛.