Chapter 1: Now That We Don't Talk

Hi! Thanks for your interest in my fanfic! I appreciate each and every one of you! Some background for my story: in general, some of Keigo's backstory (along with several other MHA characters) have been changed. So, if you're reading along and get confused about something, that might be why. This entire story takes place after 'The New Symbol of Peace' is announced with Endeavor being named as the new number one hero along with the top ten pro hero rankings and our introduction to Hawks. Specifically, the Kyushu incident. Full story summary added to the beginning of the chapter because I ran out of room! Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for supporting me and my writing. I hope you love Keigo and Marina's story as much as I do. Xo.

The inspiration song and name for this chapter is Now That We Don't Talk by Taylor Swift. See you in the next chapter!

A large crowd full of reporters and journalists had gathered at the local precinct

A large crowd full of reporters and journalists had gathered at the local precinct. Everyone had questions and concerns, but when people gathered at the station the police only let in media. Marina frowned as she moved forward with the media group who were quietly mumbling to one another. When All Might was the number one hero, all press conferences had been open and public to everyone. No one had any idea what was going through the new number one pro hero's head, Endeavor. She had some idea of what exactly this was. Endeavor was no All Might, no Symbol of Peace. The recently retired beloved hero was adored and loved by everyone because of how he treated others. Civilians, children, police, government officials, hero commission leader's they all were the same in All Might's eyes. The same could not be said for Endeavor who was known to be intimidating, brash and sometimes out rude. The man coveted the number one pro hero spot, but no one was sure how he was going to be once he actually got it.

The police had moved them all into their supposed large room, a stand with a mic stood in front of them all while a large map of the city hung on the wall behind it. The reporters that had brought camera crew with them started to set up where they could, although the police claimed that this was their largest room in their building everyone felt very tightly packed. Marina frowned as she was pushed against some young kid who only got in by claiming he was a 'hero news youtuber' whatever the hell that meant.

"This is a shit show..." Her colleague, Kyou mumbled beside her. She bit back a laugh, for whatever reason her boss sent him along to this press conference as well. Which made no sense to her considering they were from two different departments of the paper. While Marina's focus was Digital and Investigative journalism, Kyou was part of the Broadcast journalism team. Although the Tokyo Times had been around for the last forty years or so, ordinary journalism was "dying." In order to stay modern and well alive, the newspaper took certain measures to stay current; and somehow made it work. Instead of just printing papers, the Tokyo Times revamped their website to showcase online articles and social media. They also added weekly news cycles videos, Kyou's expertise with an array of changing hosts and it worked. While many magazines and newspapers died out in the old world, the Tokyo Times revamped itself and found itself flourishing in the new one. All of a sudden, the room seemed to come alive as everyone saw the police chief walk out of a side room and moved in front of the mic. Supposedly Endeavor would soon follow, she snorted at the thought. The reporters and journalists stepped forward, almost as if they were drawing up ranks as soldiers for battle. All so eager to die for their jobs or work, so eager to get the first or juiciest scoop. They were certainly dedicated, the blonde thought to herself as she found a place to stand towards the center. Not quite in the front row, but enough to be noticed at least. The police chief explained what had happened, the nomu attacking Kyushu, how the top two heroes handled the situation with an assist from Mirko the nomu was handled and taken care of. There was major damage to some areas and buildings, but no civilians were harmed. The police chief kept going on and on, almost as if he was trying to draw out more time? When he finished monologuing, (or it at least felt that way) he opened the floor to the reporters and journalists. Let the feeding frenzy begin.