Is it over now?

Happy New Year! Thank you guys for being so patient! I wasn't quite sure where I wanted this chapter to go and I kept making changes, so it took a minute. I added a bunch of Easter eggs in this chapter too, I hope you enjoy it! This chapter is dedicated to all the Tik Tok besties that support me. The lovely comments and nice messages, you guys inspire me to keep writing. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. ♡ Em

Keigo had played this very scenario in his head more than a million times; the different ways he would break the news to Marina, the truth

Keigo had played this very scenario in his head more than a million times; the different ways he would break the news to Marina, the truth. He envisioned her reactions, her responses, her facial expressions, everything over and over until it felt like a nonstop loop in his head. He had plotted and daydreamed it all, so he was sure he would be well prepared enough to face her. Prepared to take whatever she would throw at him, her anger, hurt, rage. Whatever she would need to release once she found out the truth, he would bear it all and be there for her. They had been apart for quite some time yes, but she was still *his* Marina deep inside after all. Time passing neither their older age wouldn't change that, he knew this in his very marrow, his heart and soul. But instead of all the ways he had prepared to tell her everything, he hadn't expected her to be completely and utterly silent. Nothing but the soft sound of the ripple of wind. It was one of the most unnerving moments of his entire life. No emotion on her beautiful, pale face but confusion and another emotion he couldn't quite figure out. She was still silent; how many seconds had passed? Had she not heard him? Maybe he hadn't been clear enough? Or maybe she did hear him but misunderstood what he had said. That was fine with him, he would be patient and talk through this with her. The winged hero opened his mouth to repeat what he had said, but she spoke up first. Much to his great relief.

"When you say war...you mean like an actual war right?" the blonde asked him as her eyebrows knitted together. He watched as her face transformed slightly, confusion moving to apprehension as if her mind was running a mile a minute. She hadn't changed at all; she was still analytical and untrusting.

Hawks blinked and then blinked again before he started to smile. "Yes Ri, an actual war. But not like World War II, a war between heroes and villains," he paused taking a moment for his words to sink in for her before continuing. "You know the villain that fought All Might? The battle that caused his retirement?" He asked quietly, trying to make his voice sound as soothing and soft as possible. That battle had left everyone on edge and unprepared, so it was no surprise when he felt her entire body tense as he spoke.

She nodded, her mouth frowning ever so slightly as she looked up at him. Her blue eyes seemed to glow in the night, a light silver color against the backdrop of the nighttime sky and moon. Their own history and issues aside, she was making it a point to listen to him. It made him feel at ease, made him want to keep going until everything was righted between them. The winged male lifted a gloved hand and touched her cheek as he looked back at her. He couldn't help himself; he had always been a touchy feeling type of person. Seeing someone he cared about, the immediate thing he wanted to do was hug them. Especially her, he couldn't stand the sight of her being upset. Marina jumped slightly, but she made no move to push him away. A good sign, he thought as he felt his entire body warm to the idea. Hawks wanted to be closer to her as he told her the truth, to try and break everything easy to her.